Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 02-27-2011, 04:19 AM
Banned

New to Yahoo Contributor Network

So,

I just opened an account at Yahoo Contributors Network,

I need all the tips that I can get from all of you masters in writing for the Web.

Any help or tip would be much appreciated.

Of course I would spend long night reading trough their TOS.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Banned

I' don't know if I'm allowed to reply to my own post but here it goes...

A few hours on Yahoo TOS gives me an idea that that I have slim or close to nothing chance of earning from writing any content. They will only give this to US residents. I would need to be a preferred contributor to be given an assignment and will only be payed up front nothing more. So much for the passive income.

Now am back to point blank LOL....

You guys know any site who pay for article contribution and pays you part of the advertising revenue? I guess I'm dreaming huh?!

Old 02-27-2011, 04:38 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallboss View Post

A few hours on Yahoo TOS gives me an idea that that I have slim or close to nothing chance of earning from writing any content. They will only give this to US residents. I would need to be a preferred contributor to be given an assignment and will only be payed up front nothing more. So much for the passive income.

You guys know any site who pay for article contribution and pays you part of the advertising revenue? I guess I'm dreaming huh?!
Dreams aren't bad, and you're not dreaming, they do exist, but many that pay, from my recent looking, do not allow residual links if they pay up front. The ones paying up front pay $15-$25 USD and that's it. For most of these, they makes thousands off your work and pay that...I'll pass.

There are some places like hub pages, and some others, that share revenue and run their own links. You create the content, you supply affiliate ID, they run the ads, if things do well, you get residual. I don't have a present list though, I did some research for an article that is yet to be published so that's why I can offer what I just posted, but that's all I've got for you. I wish you luck.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallboss View Post

I haven't been writing for them that much lately. However, I'm still in the top 1000 as a contributor, and have the highest clout level. If your objection is that you may not get an assignment, don't worry about it. I've NEVER accepted an assignment, and get upfront offers and payments on my page views. I'll just write about whatever, and submit it. For acceptance - write evergreen content, that brings up good paying Google Adsense ads.

If you're not in the US, that could be a problem. To receive payments you would need a Paypal account and phone that indicates you're in the United States. Outside of the Yahoo contributors network, you can join Google Adsense sharing sites (as MoneyOnline suggested). Hubpages, Squidoo, Bukisa, xomba, and Info Barrel.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Banned

This is a new entry for me. What is this Yahoo Contributors Network? Most important ... how can you make money with it?

Old 02-28-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditd View Post
This is a new entry for me. What is this Yahoo Contributors Network? Most important ... how can you make money with it?
You've probably heard of Associated Content? Yahoo bought them a while back, and it's now part of the Yahoo Network of sites. To make money, sign up, and start submitting articles.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Banned

Focus on writing about evergreen subjects that have a high search volume and target long tail keywords. This allows you to get traffic for a lot of different terms and you can even get some traffic from some of the bigger terms. Cast a broad net. Good luck!

Old 04-16-2011, 12:13 AM

I also want to signup for yahoo contributor network,is it free?

Old 04-16-2011, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by desibabs4u View Post
I also want to signup for yahoo contributor network,is it free?
Only one way to find out is to visit there official website. https://contributor.yahoo.com/signup.shtml

Old 06-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Contributing Member

Don't get your hopes up like OP mentioned, it is hard to profit from it.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:46 AM

Is it Associated Content recently acquired by Yahoo?

Old 06-26-2011, 12:03 AM
Banned

I have never heard of the Yahoo Contributors Network. But i am in Australia and this looks to be only for US citizens.

I am wondering, where do the articles end up getting posted (if approved), on small-scale yahoo sites?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web