Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 03-29-2011, 06:03 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianC View Post
As I understand their algorithm change, they will simply not put a lot of value on backlinks from non unique content anymore. They didn't directly penalize the sites that were being linked at from these articles. So they technically shouldn't penalize me in the future because of this, they just won't put value on those links. At that point I would hopefully have enough money (generated from the $5 stuff) to get new, more expensive articles.
My question was about so many of said articles on YOUR website and how that degrades the quality of your own website, NOT article marketing where it's on OTHER websites. I think what happened to Ezine and the others is prime example about how having an abundance of such articles and content on your own website shows how in the end you're looking at lower rankings? In the end, all of it on YOUR website winds up devaluing it when they keep tweaking the "quality" filters. So basically, yet again, you sidestepped.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Contributing Member

Meh, the thread was about article writing in general, which includes article marketing. I'm done, you're getting too annoying with your constant personal attacks.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:33 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianC View Post
Meh, the thread was about article writing in general, which includes article marketing. I'm done, you're getting too annoying with your constant personal attacks.
My personal attacks? You started it, but whatever.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maliaudriel View Post
Sometimes, even most often, people see how long we have experience in writing, and some people do not want to take risks by hiring beginners.
This is the same vicious circle in any job. You can't get experience without a job and you can't get a job without experience.

Chin up, just secure some smaller jobs and work your way up to the big ones.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:03 AM
Contributing Member

Just show the biggish the high future ahead and lucrative $ to write

Old 05-27-2011, 11:02 AM

Have proof. Get experience. Do whatever you can to get experience.

Write, write, write. Get your content published somewhere on the web. Start your own blog and write on it a few times a week. Write about a topic that the companies you want to work for are interested in.

For getting experience, well, that involves some more writing. See if you can do some guest blogging on sites and link back to the companies that you want to work for. If it takes doing some free work, go for it if you have the time.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:12 PM

the resume shows you are a beginner, but you behave very professional during the interview. i think your boss will be interested in you

Old 06-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Contributing Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamrage View Post
Starting out is always the hardest, after the first few articles, you eventually begin to find your feet and things look better.
Same thing happened in my life in the beginning. Landed in my company for SEO, but later become a Content Writer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamrage View Post
If other people see your work and are impressed with your writing skills, you could build a portfolio of sorts to show anyone that may be interested in using your skills to create articles for them.
Portfolio is really a good idea from my point of view.

Quote:
I'll try it in my blog. My blog is still new and not yet have a follower or a number of friends, how to make it known, opened, and read by many people? Should I promote my blog as well on social sites that I follow?
Having quality contents are enough to get traffic unless yours is already a popular one. Not in that case, you have to market it as well.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:21 AM

Find a way to build your own writing portfolio, then work for less than the average salary. Also, sell yourself as someone who will work twice as hard because of your status as a beginner.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Even I don't admit that I'm beginner to my client, but sometimes, they still want to know how experience i am in writing. After I read all the replies, I got an idea to write the good articles as much as possible so if someone doubted my ability in writing, I can show my writings so they can assess my ability properly. How do you think? Thank you for your advice.
As the owner of a company that provides web content and gets enough that I can pay my writers well over $5 per article, I can tell you that based the grammatical and phrasing errors I see in the quote above, I would not hire you. For instance:
  • "they still want to know how experience I am" - should be "how experienced I am"
  • "I got an idea to write the good articles.." - entire sentence poor phrasing
  • "How do you think"? - should be "What do you think?

I'm not saying this to be mean, but if you want to write for an English-speaking audience, you need to improve your understanding of the English language. Just because you can speak enough English to be understood, doesn't mean that you can write quality content.

How? Read. Read books by American and English writers. Listen to American and English radio and television.

If you want to get started writing, write articles for the article submission sites (like EzineArticles, etc). They have gotten pickier about grammar and phrasing, so only articles that are well written will be approved.

However, the more articles that get accepted the larger your portfolio. Then when you do apply for a paying job you can point potential clients/employers to your articles already posted online.

I do wish you the best.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Contributing Member

Insistant marketing might be very efficient. Here you either make a potential client fed up with you, or they realize your ambitions (surely enhanced by the skills) and hire you. Make a portfolio of works (no matter if they are published anywhere). make people like your texts.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Contributing Member

What do you want to say for me If I say I'm working for 4$/500 words Article presently.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web