Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 05-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Contributing Member

Question Is EzineArticles.com now a Bad Neighborhood?

Does anyone have any views on whether it is still good to get articles published on EzineArticles.com, since they got hit with the Panda update? If Google thinks their site is poor quality, and there are links from Ezine Articles to my websites, could that be a bad thing?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Administrator

You can't do anything about who links to you however, if you wrote the articles there linking to your own site they probably aren't worth much now unless it is exceptional quality.

Quote:
I just finished reading the May 2011 edition of Website Magazine (websitemagazine.com). They had an article about the Google Farmer's (Panda) update and content (farm) sites.

This update really hit the article sites. There is a chart from SearchMetrics data in the article showing some sites lost 97+% of their organic searches. SearchMetrics used the following for their calculations:
Quote:
We’ve performed an analysis with millions of different keywords in the short -and longtail of the impact of this update. We analyzed the top 100 domains with the greatest gains and losses in our Organic Performance Index (OPI) from the previous week. The OPI is calculated according to a keyword’s search volume, position and the statistical value of traffic distribution.
Google’s Panda Update Rolls-out To UK

If you look at the data in the article I linked to above (not the same chart as in the Website Magazine article) there are sites that have lost even more organic performance.
http://www.v7n.com/forums/seo-forum/...ml#post1656861

This does mean it's a bad neighbourhood (as it usually means). The articles just aren't going to rank.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:24 PM

I don't see anyone getting punished for having a link from Ezine Articles but at the same time you probably aren't getting too much out of a link from them. Nonetheless, there is still the off chance of others syndicating your article if you actually put some effort and thought into it.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:30 AM
Banned

Still it should be content rich article to pull the quality backlinks to your site. However, posting the same article to multiple article sites may not help. Ezine articles where considered of having high backlink value.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:27 PM

Ezine is still one of the high ranking article directories out there. It has a PR of 6 so if you're getting a link from Ezine, it won't hurt you. Just make sure that you are submitting quality content.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Contributing Member

I don't think it is as a BAD neighborhood.
The site doesn't enjoy high SERPS so should you treat it as a bad neighborhood?

Old 07-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Banned

I've personally never cared much for Ezinearticles. Their layout is so dang cluttered with ads and I always doubted whether one would get much traffic. I'm sure the backlinks help some though.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Contributing Member

Ezine is not at all a bad neighborhood. After panda updates, they have also made a lot of changes with their submission rules and regulations. They are giving more importance to unique content from the beginning but now they are also focusing quality of the content and as well as the restriction with word count which must be 400 and above.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Contributing Member

we still get a decent amount of traffic from e-zine, so that in itself makes it worth it.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:38 AM

It has lost almost 150 places since the Panda update in january but it is a fact that it is the biggest article directory and still 300 places ahead on alexa from the second best directory.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:28 PM

I have noticed recently that EA have become more strict with the quality of the articles they will accept and that you have to link it back to content that is relevant to the article submitted.

As always they will go through the process of validating that your article is either unique or has been rewritten and doesn't match anything else that has been put up before.

As for PR I have seen them on page 1 for a very specific title but that was below other article sites, so it does look like they have lost some of their prominence.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Contributing Member

In my opinion, EZA is still good as long as your article is unique with very catchy headlines and fun to read, you will still get traffic from EZA. As for backlinks, I think they're still quality, specially if your article page get PR. I have seen few of my article pages get PR with the recent Google PR updates, PR3 is the highest I've got.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Contributing Member

I don't think Ezine is bad at all. In fact, what I like about it is that I actually get traffic directly from my Ezine articles themselves to my site. About 6% of my traffic comes from them. And, they do convert too. Content is king after all, no?

Old 08-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Contributing Member

Ezine is working hard on their site now after the google panda update, they are more straight on the quality of the article and also the link as well. Not sure how good the result they will get but it getting harder to get approved if contain link point to the low/less content site

Old 08-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Contributing Member

EzineArticles is still a very good site to post your articles. You won't get penalized for posting your links on their site (unless you post thousands on a single page). Those links will have less effect on google's rankings however.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Contributing Member

EzineArticles is still a very good backlink site now.
But Ezine is very difficult to pass now, I submitted 3 articles, modified several times, Editor still did not let my articles pass.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Contributing Member

EZA isn't bad, but their links just don't count for as much as they once did. I would find another place to get links from.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterscope.com View Post
I've personally never cared much for Ezinearticles. Their layout is so dang cluttered with ads and I always doubted whether one would get much traffic. I'm sure the backlinks help some though.
I think the layout is even worse, now, after they made major changes. Still, I submit to Ezinearticles. Some of their articles still rank for certain keywords.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web