Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 07-20-2011, 02:34 PM

Post on Blog, then submit to Ezines. Is that Kool?

All I can say is that These forums are great.
Now here's my question. Can I write and article myself, post it on my blog with my signature expressing that I'm the writer, then submit it to ezine?
I usually do it the other way around, submit it to ezine first wait until it get approved then post it on my blog. But Now i hear that Google will catch it as duplicate content. So I'd rather get the credit to my blog first.
Hope you guys/gals understand what I'm saying. I've even been told to make some changes with in the post.
Now were really confused....

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2011, 03:07 PM
No Longer Active

Why would Ezines accept your article?

Old 07-20-2011, 05:14 PM

Because they do. Do you understand what I'm saying. Your answering a question with a question. I'll looking for answers. Or am I not clear on what I'm trying to do?

Old 07-20-2011, 05:27 PM
No Longer Active

Your question was answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephDiego View Post
Because they do. Do you understand what I'm saying. Your answering a question with a question. I'll looking for answers. Or am I not clear on what I'm trying to do?
Why would ezines desire you post your articles if you posted them first?

What incentive is there for them to post your article after your publish it first?

Do you not believe they know what you know and do not desire to have their content labelled as duplicated?

I'll answer the questions for you. They wouldn't. None. They do.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Contributing Member

Chances are Ezine will rank for the article and your site will be penalized for duplicate content.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:09 AM
Contributing Member

barrywheeler is right. Ezine will likely rank for your article and your site will be penalized for dupe content.

To answer your questions: Put the article on your blog. This creates fresh content for your blog. If you desire to post the article on Ezine, then rewrite the entire thing differently. Otherwise, if your desire is to get traffic to your blog for that specific article, then use blog syndication sites to link back to your site like alltop.com. Use social media to also link back to your article. Don't ever just copy your content and post somewhere else. It only hurts you in the long run.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!! - Lisa

Old 07-21-2011, 07:27 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrywheeler View Post
Chances are Ezine will rank for the article and your site will be penalized for duplicate content.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsCove View Post
barrywheeler is right. Ezine will likely rank for your article and your site will be penalized for dupe content.
Actually you both are wrong.

Google no longer penalizes for duplicate content, and hasn't done so for quite some time now.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
but Now i hear that Google will catch it as duplicate content.
Yes. That is the reason for no posting duplicates anywhere. But if you do, I would rather start from Ezine, and after getting approved - go to blog.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephDiego View Post
All I can say is that These forums are great.
Now here's my question. Can I write and article myself, post it on my blog with my signature expressing that I'm the writer, then submit it to ezine?
I usually do it the other way around, submit it to ezine first wait until it get approved then post it on my blog. But Now i hear that Google will catch it as duplicate content. So I'd rather get the credit to my blog first.
Hope you guys/gals understand what I'm saying. I've even been told to make some changes with in the post.
Now were really confused....
You should always change the article so it will be unique. Copying articles is useless. If you know Google don't like it, then don't do that.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:07 AM
Contributing Member

Also make sure it is relevant to your buisness, soem ezines allow do follow links, other one way and some none.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dWhite View Post
Actually you both are wrong.

Google no longer penalizes for duplicate content, and hasn't done so for quite some time now.
It's always nice to have SEO people still around who have a clue what they are talking about.

I've had many SEOs tell me Google hasn't been penalizing for duplicate content since the 90s, while some say it's since after the Google Panda updates.

I hate people who throw around the word "penalized" without any clear proof or understanding. What about those thousands of news websites that repost articles and news from around the web? Oh I guess they are penalized continuously....

According to Google Webmasters, I have over 2000 duplicate pages on my website (due to dynamic content and stuff like that). I rank at the Top 3 for all my main keywords, had my website up for 11 years, never any penalty and I've done plenty of black hat and spammy SEO.

To the OP:

It should be fine, as long as ezinearticles accepts it. If your article on your blog gets indexed on Google before it is indexed on ezinearticles (which is almost instantly after approval) then your blog won't be seen as the duplicate content, not that it matters anyway. I have many articles on ezinearticles that I have on my blog as well. I do, however, manually spin them a bit so they aren't 100% the same.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Contributing Member

There is no such thing as duplicate content penalty. You should first submit your article to Ezine an then post it on your blog.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Contributing Member

Exclamation

JosephDiego,

Your question is one that is asked by many article writers. You can test my response by posting your article to your blog and then submitting it to ezines and see if they refuse to publish it because you posted the same exact article on your blog first. They won't.

I suggest you read their guidelines:

"All content that is published on EzineArticles must be 100% exclusively owned by you. The content that is submitted CAN be published elsewhere, but must share the same author name everywhere it is published. If you published your article elsewhere and did not include your name, we will not publish your article on our platform. It is important that you own your content no matter where you publish it. "

Emphasis is EzineArticles.

Duplicate content? Duplicate content? Do a Google search on U.S. Constitution and tell me what you see. If Google penalized for duplicate content, why are there 31,400,000 results most of which display a screen version of the U.S. Constitution? Maybe it's because they use different fonts?

If you are afraid that a penalty exists for syndication, which by definition is duplicate content, then you can never submit your article to any other directory, blog, post , or whatever. That is nonsense. Google would be out of business.

I refer you to this Google page. For a real answer.

I do not understand why people make global statements without either testing for themselves or going to the source. Except for dWhite, Habbakuk, and icecube media I think you should take the advice given with a grain of salt, including my own, and do some checking for yourself.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Contributing Member

Jeez, I really felt some hostility from early responders to this post!! Be nice to the new guy, the OP (and it's not me).

I write content for my blog (www.kanigan.ca), and submit what I think is the best to ezine and they have no problem with it at all (I'm a platinum expert bigboy superduper level author)!

So as long as your content is original, and the writing quality is at a high standard, and you ONLY submit it to ezine, you should be fine.

Last edited by snakeair; 10-10-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Contributing Member

I was going to do that too when I first started blogging but I had subscribed to Yaro Starak's blog and he said that you shouldn't do that. So, I went with his advice. He is the blog traffick king.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:51 AM

Personally I would first post to Ezine as you used to then rewrite the article from memory, even if it is a little shorter for your blog. That way you get double power from two unique posts for a little more effort and are 100% safe - A win-win.

Google does not mind syndication but we all know that Google loves original unique content. So why not just give the "Beast" what it wants to eat and keep him happy while also ensuring maximum link-juice from two unique articles than only one.

Last edited by snakeair; 01-03-2012 at 03:39 AM. Reason: merged posts

Old 01-14-2012, 05:09 PM

NEVER put something on your blog that has been published anywhere on the Web. You will absolutely lose rankings in search engines that way, especially with the new Google Panda updates.

What you should do is post the best article on your blog. Then, write a new, shorter piece on the same topic to post on ezine or any other article directory.

It is now more important than ever to post only original material on your blog. Read everything you can about Duplicate Content, especially things that have been published in the past six months.

Last edited by snakeair; 01-14-2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: self promo removed

Old 01-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Contributing Member

Ezine manually reviews every article before approving them... so your articles will need to meet their standard to get published...

Your article can't be seen to promote products/services/websites you are affiliated with
Your article has to be seen as of value/interest to certain readers
Your article has to be written to a certain quality

I think ezine generally likes educational, informative articles

If you can write articles like that, and such articles can deliver your objective then you can try it

There are also other article websites you can use

Old 03-23-2012, 04:52 PM

Best thing to do is write two articles based on or about the same thing, post the better one on your blog/site, then post the second one on ezine with that one linking back to your first article (which is posted on your blog/site).

Old 03-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Contributing Member

Always post your own content to your own sites first. Then syndicate your articles through private networks that are ad free and syndicate then on social networks. Ezine articles is the last place I would post my content.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread