Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 08-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Avoiding Resource Box Pitfalls

You can write the perfect article but you still need to have a good resource box. Take a look at this blog post from the ezine blog.

Quote:
Once you’ve made a great impression with your audience via the quality of your expertise and your writing skills, the Resource Box is your chance to convert that audience into a set of prospects.

A well thought out Resource Box transitions your audience slowly into wanting to discover more about you.

There are endless possibilities on exactly what you could say in each Resource Box, but it’s best to just keep it as simple as possible.

The four primary things you should always have in the Resource Box are:
Continued at: http://blog.ezinearticles.com/2011/0...-pitfalls.html

Your thoughts on this blog post? One thing i hate is when someone writes a article about green energy and in the resource box the linked site is in a different niche.

Please share your thoughts on the "7 resource pitfalls" that was just mentioned.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Contributing Member

The new rules at EzineArticles created after the Panda updates no longer allow you to link to non-relevant sites within your resource box. The article and linked site have to be related. This makes a ton of sense, I don't understand why anyone would want to build a non-relevant backlink on an article directory.

I've been reading a lot about article marketing recently, considering doing some for my blog or maybe for some friend's sites.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Contributing Member

Well it's quite a no-brainer to provide "related links and resource" in the resource box as it will showcase even more reinforcement to what you have just written.

As the article was just recently published, it was a timely and good read. #1 surely a definite NO-NO!

Old 08-09-2011, 02:05 AM

I agree with one of the above posts. Why people ever linked to non-relevant sites was a mystery to me! Were they trying to game the system in some way?

Old 08-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Contributing Member

Finally, I'm reading some common-sense comments about related content in resource boxes. I know of some SEOs that think they can just write whatever they want to in order to get the SEO benefits they are looking for. Well, I've always believed that if you provide a product or service you should write about that product or service...not something completely different just to come up with extra content.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web