Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 09-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

52 Types of Blog Posts that Are Proven to Work

Ever have writers block when it comes to writing blog posts for your blog?

Take a look at this blog post to generate some idea's.

Quote:
Blogging is not only about putting together 400-2,000 words of text and publishing them on your WordPress site. As a blogger, you can choose from a much bigger variety of possible blog post types (and content in general).

Let me be honest and admit that I’ve wanted to compile this sort of list for a long time. Coming up with new ideas for posts every couple of days might lead you to a hard stop on a brick wall very quickly… I believe writer’s block is the more politically correct name for such a situation.

One of the most effective ways of fighting writer’s block is having a big resource file, containing lots of ideas and frameworks for new posts. Besides, writing standard, old-school blog posts can get boring very quickly. That’s why every blogger needs some variety in terms of content if they want to be doing this for a longer period of time.

This list is divided into a couple of sections depending on the purpose and characteristics of each content type. Feel free to treat it as a...
Continued at: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...roven-to-work/

Any thoughts on the long list?

Please backup your response and not just post a "thank you" response.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Contributing Member

The part that is most interesting about that list is right at the end after the last item. Recycling is definitely a good way to get more mileage out of your writing. After all, you have already done the basic research. Changing the slant or focus can open up new markets.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Banned

When I run out of ideas of things to write about, I just write about the same thing in different words. Rehash, rehash, just write it differently than you did before.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:43 AM

I think the only way you can be sucessful and come up with new material. Is take your previously written posts and rewrite them in a way that it looks and feels like a new post. Sprinkle some new information in there as well and reword some of it. I only do this if i've hit writers block!

Old 09-11-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiphotography View Post
I think the only way you can be sucessful and come up with new material. Is take your previously written posts and rewrite them in a way that it looks and feels like a new post. Sprinkle some new information in there as well and reword some of it. I only do this if i've hit writers block!
I believe that internet marketing is not all about sailing ships in unexplored seas and writing absolutely new content. Some people have such a gifted style of conveying the most difficult (old)information in a way that it becomes sugar for the reader and he easily absorbs it. So its not necessary to come up with absolutely new content.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Contributing Member

That was really long but a good read. I always have an idea of what to write, the problem is, I'm not a writer! I love the research part because I always learn something new but the "grammar" always kills me

The internet, TV shows, the radio, newspaper articles, magazines, your high school crush and even that old crumpled coupon you're still hiding inside your wallet for ages can inspire you to write just about anything

Old 09-15-2011, 01:18 AM
Contributing Member

Well said, continuing anything for a long period of time requires a dedication and patience. when I entered in the blogging field I too faced the similar problem but looking to this I have started to blog the content of my interest and research which allowed me to make more research and post more content.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:56 AM
Contributing Member

Great list of blog posts.
As I glance through I can't help to smile. I wonder how other certified bloggers will react if they've found their blogging style in the list.
Bloggers, reaction please? LOL

Old 09-16-2011, 02:07 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, I use my "other" RSS subscription to get updated with information I might be interested to post on my next blog content. Especially with my random stuff posts in my personal blog, using sites that regularly post new content like buzzfeed, top youtube videos and news article feeds really helps me open up to more content ideas for my next blog post.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:44 AM
Contributing Member

This was actually a fantastic post! The guest author did a really good job - SAQs (Should Ask Questions) post is something I'm going to try out next . Simple but effective I'm sure

Old 09-16-2011, 03:14 AM

The "definition posts" is a new one to me. Interesting idea, but how would you get traffic to it - would you rely mostly on getting good search engine rankings based on other posts on your site?

Old 09-20-2011, 03:21 AM
Contributing Member

A very nice list. My favorites of them are LIST POSTS and PROBLEM/SOLUTION posts.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web