Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-01-2011, 06:46 PM

I get my ideas by taking a look at the different kind of questions people post on forum because any question asked in forums usually stimulate a good idea for an article

Old 12-04-2011, 08:59 AM

I used to find a big difference between writing something for myself and being asked to write on a certain subject or on somebody else's behalf. I could not be inspired by someone else's idea. That was, more than likely, because I was young and self-centered.

Now I find inspiration in listening to what people want to relate, finding the main points of what they are trying to say and writing it for them. They are always so thankful and I think it's not only because of what I have written for them but because I was listening in the first place.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:46 AM
v7n Mentor

My ideas come from many places, and I think they are all "outside" of myself in some way. I can't even imagine what it would mean to draw from completely inside oneself. I guess I just don't work that way.

I don't copy and rewrite articles as a rule. I've been asked to do that a few times and, honestly, I find it tedious and boring. I would MUCH rather write my own take on things.

Depending on the subject, my inspiration comes from many places. As Cricket mentioned, I can look at my Facebook newsfeed and get ideas for dozens of articles on a wide variety of topics. If I'm writing for a niche like crafting or home decor, I look at pictures, and my imagination runs away with it. If I'm writing about the homestead, all I have to do is step outside or remember what's happened in the past few days. Finance is probably my most difficult niche to come up with ideas. I have to strain a bit there, and read articles and listen to what people are saying, but it comes.

In general though, I think I'm just lucky to be one of those people that have so many varied interests that I can come up with an idea easily in any of those areas. That trait hasn't been a benefit to my professional life most of the time, but it stands me in good stead socially an in writing.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:20 AM

A lot of ideas come to me when I'm doing things like playing football, listening to music, riding the bicycle, because it clear my mind.

I don't know why, but I can hardly find ideas on the internet.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Exactly. I really wonder why some folks still believe in spinning articles as they are obviously not credible sources. So why do some people expect to get some monies out from crappy looking articles?

Old 12-15-2011, 08:06 AM
v7n Mentor

Regarding pictures, I have contacted sites before and requested to use their pictures, and they often are very pleased and give me more information to put in my post.

Although once I used pictures for a post, and later found out that the island authority (or whoever publishes these things) actually came back and lifted MY TEXT to use in their online travel brochures. Try explaining that to people who check for duplicate content.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:51 PM
v7n Mentor

I'll tell you what though ... I've been spending a lot of time on niche sites, looking to read their articles and make comments for the sake of backlinks. I've probably spent more time reading blogs on the web in the past few days than I have done in years, and I have to say -- I sometimes wonder why anyone would bother, when they all say the same thing. Surely readers are not impressed by your site or drawn to come back when you are exactly like 100 other blogs/sites.

Right now I have to focus on some rather tedious aspects of my work, and I don't feel as though I'm doing particularly inspiring work myself. But with that said, I believe I write better articles by reading TITLES ONLY for ideas, and then getting my own take on it and writing my OWN ideas.

The only time I really want to read someone else's text first is if I don't actually know enough about my subject, and I need to research many sources to find good information.

Just my 2 cents, since I'm a bit tired of the tediousness of re-reading the same regurgitated information (sometimes not even correct information), and trying to be at least constructive and still honest in my comments, hoping not to detract from my own credibility and at the same time pass their moderation.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Latest Blog:
None

To imply that all articles are Basically plagiarism. Is totally inaccurate. A good article should in my opinion give reference to it's sources. This in common with a well written essay, or dissertation. Will give it true literary validation.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:19 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired Ink View Post
I sometimes wonder why anyone would bother, when they all say the same thing.
Sorry, I would have edited this if I could, with an apology. If the last response was directed to me, then I do apologize. Not *ALL* the articles say the same thing. I actually commended a few sites for giving good information, and in some cases for being much more thorough. Those sites are at the top of their niche for good reason.

I'm just frustrated from having read SO MANY that are at the top ... without good reason.

Not all are plagiarized, to be sure. And those that are very good could have been written by any number of people who had the correct information, since what is true is true. I guess that's what I get for reading factual/informative blogs, but ... that's the one I'm working on right now.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Lightbulb

Quote:
we steal them
I found that part of the blog post hilarious!

I always come up with new thoughts, ideas, concepts, interpretations, etc... all of the time. I was blessed with having an analytical mind, I am always analyzing and pondering new ideas.

This helps me out alot with my own personal writing, always did well in composition.

Now the rub is, finding the motivation to actually work on all of the ideas bouncing in my head. Taking the ideas you come up with and following them through to fruition is what most people have a hard time with.

Much Thanks,

BiologyWebmaster

Old 01-03-2012, 01:10 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Fact is, nobody can lay claim to words which in themselves make up our language, and which on there own belong to every one. The way in which the writer puts those same words which everyone uses in his own special arrangement and sequence to describe or explain something which has been described or explained many times before, is what makes it unique to him or her.

They are using the same tools that everyone uses, but in a completely diferent manner to achieve the same end result.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

forums can be a good source of inspiration

sometimes you run into a question someone else posted and you think you can really write a good article on this topic and it can help a lot of people with similar questions/problems

Old 01-18-2012, 03:48 AM

I get ideas when doing the normal things in life, going to the shops, getting pissed, mowing the lawn, the problem is remembering it, I always keep a notepad handy now for scribbling things down. Most, if not all ideas have been done before, the challenge is to make it better.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Contributing Member

I get ideas through reading and listening to people. By carefully listening to people, you can learn a lot. And of course reading can widen our perspective.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:59 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
The End of July

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired Ink View Post
I'll tell you what though ... I've been spending a lot of time on niche sites, looking to read their articles and make comments for the sake of backlinks.

I've probably spent more time reading blogs on the web in the past few days than I have done in years, and I have to say -- I sometimes wonder why anyone would bother, when they all say the same thing.

Surely readers are not impressed by your site or drawn to come back when you are exactly like 100 other blogs/sites.
I've recently been reading through similar niche blogs, making comments, hoping that the blog owner will come to my blog and make a comment, so I can find them again...

It's very surprising how few do.

I end up visiting again from my stats... if nebody clicks my link.

I have an interest in my niche, and deliberately reading similar blogs is rewarding in other ways than backlinks...

When they post their flowers, I discover cultivars to add to my wish list...

When they post pics of their gardens, I get inspired to go shoot pics in mine...
Sometimes of the same plant they just featured...

As my blogs tend to be pictorial, my hardest work is getting a decent picture. I can take pictures of the same plant for weeks b4 getting a pic I can use...

When someone posts a particularly well written post, Or comprehensive pictures of the subject, I'm absolutely thrilled to link to it... But... recently I'm having the most difficult time staying linked to a milkweed/monarch site... It seems like every time I click that link, they've changed the page address!!! What's up with that?

Old 02-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Interesting to see all the posts in this thread with different ways of creativity.

As far as I am concerned, all the subjects on my site is pure creativity. I don't go see what others are doing, or what subject will be more popular, etc

I create my own subjects and give all the instructions to the writting agency working for me.

Sometimes I am surprised that some people spin my articles or take the same subjects with the same titles which make me think that either my work is catching attention or people lack creativity.

I have always a permanent list around 200 articles in my wish list.

Robespierre

Old 02-16-2012, 08:19 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Last night I was going through some pics from august 2007. The pics were of me building my bar-b-q pit.

I think I might write an article on my blog about building the pit.

I might even post the pics to the facebook page for my site.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.jonse View Post
What do you mean?
I meant that I have a list of 200 creative article subjects ready to give to the writting agency working for me.

Robespierre

Old 02-20-2012, 12:33 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I always check the Google Search Insights of last 7 days and choose my topics to write about. There are few takers of your diaries, memories and arty pieces. Until you win a Booker Prize, this method would always work for all.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web