Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

The Shady Practice Of Spinning Articles

I just hate article spinner's. Come up with original content or hire someone to do this. Make sure the person that you hire isn't spinning articles also.

Check out this blog post before you comment.

Quote:
If you've been walking on the sunny side of a clean street on your Search Marketing journey, hopefully you've skipped right past that dark and narrow alleyway in which lurks the spin monster. The practice of 'spinning' articles for directory submission isn't new, but it has come to my notice that marketing firms are currently utilizing this as a post-Panda effort for avoiding the dread Google duplicate content label, and I'm writing this article today to describe what the process is. If you're about to hire a marketer/SEO whose methods of promotion include submitting 'spun' articles to content sites, read this first before you sign that contract.
Continued at: http://www.searchengineguide.com/mir...g-articles.php

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 01-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Bah humbug. Some excuses I have heard in the past is that with so much they have to do, sitting down and creating a good article or blog post takes too much time. Research is ok, but actually taking someone else's work and spinning it to the point that it seems "unique" is still ethically wrong IMHO. It's still plagiarism in my book.

It's easy to write a new article or blog post etc. (seriously), you just need a topic you feel strongly about to write about. This could be the same for products and services. Preliminary research is always good, especially if you are working with a market comparison and such. But its better to write from the heart (as your sig says), than use work someone else took hours to do, spin it in a matter of minutes and then call it our own. lol IMHO you didn't even write it. Software did. Unless you spinned it manually, but then its still not your work.

Last edited by Dreamrage; 01-25-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: typos

Old 01-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

What makes me a little upset is that some SEO professionals spin articles and do not tell there clients or just tell there clients that they have the best spinner software in the world and Google won't notice anything. Those are the SEO's that i would stay away from.

I'm not that good at writing blog posts but a lot better at talking face to face. It isn't that hard for me to write a blog post about a topic that i really like. The blog post might not have the best grammar but people would know that it original and has my personality written all over it. (Of course spell checker software would be used)

Right now i reject more guest blog posts then approve them these day's. I can tell when a article is spun and that includes it being proofread after spinning. It doesn't have "original" written all over it it will be removed. (In fact, i'm still removing blog posts but replacing them with a fresh one written by myself)

Spinning had it's glory days and a lot of people made big money off these types of software's but the search engines now are starting to figure this out and making adjustment's.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 01-28-2012, 03:37 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

IMHO Spinning should never have had its day to begin with. Most of the spun articles I have seen are not worth the space they use on a hard drive. The grammar is out of wack, there's no sentence structure to speak of, and its so stuffed with keywords that you can't even determine what the post is about other than the fact that its there to try manipulate search engines. Some are even like that after being proofread. Best thing to do is screen someone before you let them write for you. You can see when somethings been spun, and I can just like any IM out there, but many people that don't know that people do that won't be able to tell. (Unless the post is REALLY badly written.)

lol Sometimes its easier for me to write about a rant, than a normal post. Never could figure out why that is. I'm not one of the best either, but I enjoy what I do, and I love to write, so I guess it makes a small difference.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:32 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Article spinning is lazy and simply adds to the piles of crap that already exist on the web. Most of them aren't even worth spinning. I've never understood why so many people don't value their content more. I'd rather publish nothing, or less content, than publish garbage on my sites.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:40 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
What makes me a little upset is that some SEO professionals spin articles and do not tell there clients or just tell there clients that they have the best spinner software in the world and Google won't notice anything. Those are the SEO's that i would stay away from.

I'm not that good at writing blog posts but a lot better at talking face to face. It isn't that hard for me to write a blog post about a topic that i really like. The blog post might not have the best grammar but people would know that it original and has my personality written all over it. (Of course spell checker software would be used)

Right now i reject more guest blog posts then approve them these day's. I can tell when a article is spun and that includes it being proofread after spinning. It doesn't have "original" written all over it it will be removed. (In fact, i'm still removing blog posts but replacing them with a fresh one written by myself)

Spinning had it's glory days and a lot of people made big money off these types of software's but the search engines now are starting to figure this out and making adjustment's.
Yes I have suffered this first hand. A few years back I was paying a writer to create original content which was to be submitted to ezinearticles. There were more articles getting flagged up as duplicate content than there were getting approved. In a way thank god for ezinearticles being so particular with there checking.

Since numerous Google Panda updates I cannot understand why anyone would think spinning articles is a good idea.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:11 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan thorley View Post
Since numerous Google Panda updates I cannot understand why anyone would think spinning articles is a good idea.
Typically, the spinning advocates fall into 1 of 3 groups:

1. The folks who don't understand that SEO is about much more than just how many backlinks you can get in a 24-hour period.

2. The folks who don't understand the power that well-written content can have on your marketing strategy (and, conversely, the power that bad content can have on your marketing efforts!)

3. The folks who are selling spinning software

Old 01-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

hi.
Articles which are originally written by you can have great impact on visitors then that of the article spinners. unique content can help you to get the good quality backlinks.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I also hat article sniping tools,They all make an article a non-sense to read.So better you perform it manually.I always do it manually a getting ultimate results.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web