Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 03-03-2012, 11:02 AM

Post How do you become a SEO Copywriter?

Hi all,

I'm working in SEO & doing all on-page & off-page optimization works but I'm not good in content writing. I wanted to start off with something to get my hands on content writing but to no avail.

I read several blog post about seo content writing but still I'm scared to start with something. The reason is like others have grammatical mistake but alongwith that I sometimes don't get words into my mind which takes my writing to somehow 2hrs long. I don't know how to overcome this problem.

Also, I want to write something great which can be worthful & not just one time read post.

Please help me out in improving my SEO copywriting.

Thanks.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 02:49 AM

Hire a ghostwriter , won't cost you much.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by judan View Post
Hire a ghostwriter , won't cost you much.
How would doing this make the thread creator become a copywriter who does this for money and does the writing all by himself?

Old 03-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaxtechnologies View Post
Hi all,

I'm working in SEO & doing all on-page & off-page optimization works but I'm not good in content writing. I wanted to start off with something to get my hands on content writing but to no avail.

I read several blog post about seo content writing but still I'm scared to start with something. The reason is like others have grammatical mistake but alongwith that I sometimes don't get words into my mind which takes my writing to somehow 2hrs long. I don't know how to overcome this problem.

Also, I want to write something great which can be worthful & not just one time read post.

Thanks.
Well if you have problems with grammar then you should take a grammar review by reading grammar books and do some grammar exercise. You can also use online grammar checker or software to check you grammar, or maybe hire a grammarian or editor to proofread your work. If you are running out of words, then you should increase your vocabulary by reading a lot of books and articles. A good writer is a wide reader. Also, always consult a dictionary for meaning and thesaurus. You can also use software translators to translate local words.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:43 AM
Contributing Member

First of all, you have to review your grammar rules. Then, read. Read a lot. It would generate a lot of ideas into your mind. Read. Be inspired. Read. Be informed. After accumulating all those thoughts, practice with your writing. Words will just flow from your mind. Don't stop writing when ideas flow.

Edit afterwards.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaxtechnologies View Post
Hi all,

Thanks.
Hi,

First off, are you trying your hands at content writing or copywriting? These two are completely different and are not interchangeable. For starters, content writers write informative content. Whereas, copywriters do not write "content". They write/produce a copy with the purpose of making people read and buy whatever service or product is being offered. It entails extensive research that could take days to a month.

Having said that, if you are really determined to write content yourself just write, write, write. There really is no short cut. Also, read as much as you can. Writers have their own distinct voice or writing style. You can do a writing exercise by emulating your favorite author/writer/blogger. Then you can work on honing your own voice. Also, writing is easier if you write about topics you are an authority on or at least familiar with and passionate about. Write from the heart.

If you are really having a hard time, there are companies that provide first-rate article writing services at a reasonable price. If you want you can PM me and I'll help you.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:03 AM

I think the best method to improve writing is reading. After reading several books on the topic, I think it's more difficult for you to write bad articles on that topic than to write good ones. It needs a long time to improve writing. If you really don't like writing, just hire someone to write for you. Don't focus on something you are not good at.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:03 PM

you have to practice alot, and take some courses of grammar. also you have to choose a subject, be an expert on something to write about it

Old 04-20-2012, 03:09 PM

I recommend you google "how to write SEO articles" and similar, and just study and read up how others are doing it. To be honest it's really not difficult, and once you feel you're ready to dive in you can hop on fiverr and offer a SEO article etc...gig. Most want about 500-1000 words, and 300 words is equal to about a page, so it shouldn't take you long once you get the hang of it! The key is make sure the content is fluid, flows smoothly, is engaging, has the right keyword density, right length and is obviously written more for people than a crawler bot.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:59 AM

I wrote an articles for my blog, but there was no visitors. I started reading articles about SEO, how to optimize articles, etc. After a few months, I got a good result.
The main thing - write quality articles.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Contributing Member

I also need help in this department ,my spelling is that bad i can tell who is spamming my site and who is really reading it because the spam comments are always like hey dude this blog is just the best, and the real ones are like - dude you need to go to school

I use the spell checker in wordpress but this does not really help because i do not know how to spell it so giving me 10 different options does not really help that much either.

I plan to invest more time learning the basics of writing, but for now you can use people on fiverr to check 5-10 articles for $5 get friends or family to read all your articles before posting. Try youtube tutorials , pay people to teach you over skype its only a few dollars a lesson.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesideas View Post
I also need help in this department ,my spelling is that bad i can tell who is spamming my site and who is really reading it because the spam comments are always like hey dude this blog is just the best, and the real ones are like - dude you need to go to school

I use the spell checker in wordpress but this does not really help because i do not know how to spell it so giving me 10 different options does not really help that much either.

I plan to invest more time learning the basics of writing, but for now you can use people on fiverr to check 5-10 articles for $5 get friends or family to read all your articles before posting. Try youtube tutorials , pay people to teach you over skype its only a few dollars a lesson.
Is English your native language?

My spelling is bad and i do use a spell checker when writing blog posts. I usually fat finger when typing. (Also i type to fast)

The more that you write, the better you will improve with the spelling or words. Here is a blog to check out from time to time with some writing/grammar help.

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/

I'm using this plugin on my blog. http://www.afterthedeadline.com/down...form=WordPress

Old 04-23-2012, 02:30 AM
Contributing Member

Yes reading and writing are not best skills,English is my first but i have lived in that many different places it does not feel like it is. I am good with math and basic science but my spelling is on par with a 10 year old. My actaully writing with a pen looks like a 5 year olds.

The link you sent me looks very good this will help me a great deal

Thanks

Old 05-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Contributing Member

Asch, just take it up at last and keep goin' - what's so forkin' scary? Writing is improved through practice only.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:26 AM

You might want to try some software like Dragon Software. Speech to text. I have found that it helps with getting it out of my head and written on the page. I used the software for awhile and I found after some time it made it easy to back to just writing the content the old fashioned way.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:07 PM

First off let me ask, how did you decide to pursue this career since you feel your grammar needs help?

Is it because you bought one of the many 'become an SEO copywriter overnight' type courses or because deep down inside you've truly decided all on your own you want to gain success in this specialized area of writing?

I'm not being a jerk or anything. I'm asking in a concerned way. Reason being, if you bought one of those courses you should know they are really just business opportunities disguised as a correspondence writing courses.

After 80 years of real world split testing and tracking, publishers know the majority of people won't voluntarily pay for materials that teach grammar skills or English composition. So if you are working from one of those courses you also need to run out to your local 2nd hand book dealer and grab a couple cheap grammar books.

These should be your first three choices (my opinion of course):

The Elements of Editing
The Elements of Grammar
The Elements of Style

Another good one is Reader's Digest’s "How to Increase Your Word Power". Big book. Boring book. But hugely helpful.

You may be able to pick each one up at a 2nd hand store for 25 cents or so. Will cost a few bucks more if you can find them at a local used book dealer. But not much more. I think mine were all less than a buck. Highly undervalued

And if you want to 'cheat' your way through writing get your hands on a few good article templates.

There are dozens of ways to structure an article to prevent the headache that comes from the blank page syndrome.

Author Jeffrey Lant speaks of Problem-Solving Process article formats. Dan Kennedy teaches a problem/agitate/solve format. There are tons of formats to choose. Working from an outline or template helps eliminate 'brain freeze'. You’re less likely to sit staring at the screen for two hours hoping a thought might come to mind.

Finally, don't let grammar hinder you. If you are being paid by others to write simply hire an editor to fix your content before releasing your work to clients.

I do not know a single copywriter who doesn't have a regular assistant on staff or on hand to do proofreading and editing. It's the same I do too before releasing my final drafts to clients.

I suck at grammar. Is why I make a point of reading at least one good grammar book every quarter. But still, "I'm no expert". Oops. I'm not a grammar expert. Grammarian. Linguist.

Read. Write. Read. And write some more. You'll get it if you are truly intent on learning to write. Stick with it.

Hey. I really like @mikesideas of using fivver for proofreaders. Never considered that before. Probably a good idea – if you select someone who truly understands English grammar.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:40 AM

If you are unable to write properly at this point in life, it will take a lot of time and effort to correct that. You're better off hiring someone to write for you as was suggested above.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:26 AM

Well i suggest you should focus on you grammar as well as vocabulary and try to practice more and more. A time will come when you would be an excellent writer.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:31 PM

I think many people underestimate their potential or what they are capable of doing. In my opinion,the best way to become an expert writer is by reading many books and practicing. Its simple as that,no shortcuts. As for being a copywriter,one has to have a bit of mastery in writing and good grammar. Also some research skills would come in handy.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mica1016 View Post
Is hard to wirte higher quality in short time,i always copy the content on other website then change the title and order of the conent
So you admit stealing content and don't write original content. This won't do you any good in the future from a SEO link building standpoint.

I'd suggest you read this whole thread again.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread