Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 04-13-2012, 08:33 AM

ezine article - submission advice please

Hi all, im new to writing articles and very keen to learn a lot more about it. I have written an article for my own website, can i upload the exact same article once to ezine articles? Or will i be penalised for duplicate content?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeriscool View Post
Hi all, im new to writing articles and very keen to learn a lot more about it. I have written an article for my own website, can i upload the exact same article once to ezine articles? Or will i be penalised for duplicate content?
They might reject it but i'm not sure, i'm not an editor on there website.

Here some links to there editoral guidelines to read.

http://ezinearticles.com/editorial-g...s/guideline/1h

http://ezinearticles.com/editorial-g...s/guideline/1i

Old 04-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Contributing Member

No, if it has only posted to your blog or website than that is perfectly fine and if it does not violate any other publisher quid lines then it will get accepted.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:03 AM
Contributing Member

Always post your own content to your own site first, it is "your" content after all. My opinion is to staying away from places such as ezine articles which is a bad neighborhood site because it is filled with far too many links and ads. I know every marketer and their brother praises such sites but they have no idea what they are missing out on by not properly syndicating their articles to proper places.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:18 AM
Banned

I recommend writing unique articles for your blog and NOT sharing them on other websites. The best way to benefit from article directory marketing is targeting your keywords with the MOST competition and only submitting original articles EVERY TIME.

It does no bit of good to submit the same article to a bunch of different directories. You might get a little link juice here and there, but you won't rank on the search engines with duplicate content and all your articles will be competing with one another.

Since you're submitting articles to get link juice and traffic in the first place, then only submit general articles targeting high competition keywords. Save your long-tail keywords and more targeted articles for your own websites and blogs.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:33 AM
Contributing Member

Syndication is a part of marketing and there is no such thing as a dup content penalty. Proper syndication your articles will not compete with each other.

I will agree that ad filled article directories are useless though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterscope.com View Post
I recommend writing unique articles for your blog and NOT sharing them on other websites. The best way to benefit from article directory marketing is targeting your keywords with the MOST competition and only submitting original articles EVERY TIME.

It does no bit of good to submit the same article to a bunch of different directories. You might get a little link juice here and there, but you won't rank on the search engines with duplicate content and all your articles will be competing with one another.

Since you're submitting articles to get link juice and traffic in the first place, then only submit general articles targeting high competition keywords. Save your long-tail keywords and more targeted articles for your own websites and blogs.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:39 AM
Contributing Member

After panda update all such site are more cautious about duplication so I think it’s bad idea to publish same content on both your own website and article directory like Ezine (possibly they reject).
You should write a helpful aritcle and instead of share it on ezine you should move towards guest post and post it on some other blog related to your industry. This will be more helpful as a link prospective as well as drive some potential customer towards your site.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Contributing Member

The Ezinearticle site has a set of guidelines in article submissions, they usually monitor each submissions and check whether it is posted somewhere else or not - which means the site won't accept duplicate content. The moderators might stop your ezine author account for a while, or worst delete your account because of duplicate issues.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Contributing Member

The Panda Update had nothing to do with duplicate content (when will people learn this ). It had to do with websites that had low quality content which is the reason why ezine articles was slapped to begin with. They was slapped again during another Panda Update due to all the over excessive ads they have on the site.

This has nothing to do with articles directories or with duplicate content. Again it had to do with low quality content farms and if you would take the time to read or hear (video) what Google had to say you you would know this.

Article marketing is far from dead because there are article directories that are 100% ad free and there are syndication sites that are built to give Google what it wants. Would I post my content on a content farm filled with ads ? Nope because I know it is useless to do so.

I much rather post my content onto ad free sites that are not deemed as content farms. Doing article marketing the proper way is very powerful and is by far the best way to drive traffic to your website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asifdilshad1 View Post
After panda update all such site are more cautious about duplication so I think itís bad idea to publish same content on both your own website and article directory like Ezine (possibly they reject).
You should write a helpful aritcle and instead of share it on ezine you should move towards guest post and post it on some other blog related to your industry. This will be more helpful as a link prospective as well as drive some potential customer towards your site.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:21 PM

I suggest that you submit original content as article directory particularly ezine is very strict with regards to article submission.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Contributing Member

Worst advice I have ever heard, giving away your own 'original' content to a content farm that is filled with ads. If people would focus on their own sites as much as they do adsense farms then they actually may make some money instead of making the adsense farms money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydome View Post
I suggest that you submit original content as article directory particularly ezine is very strict with regards to article submission.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:04 AM

Yes, having first posted your content on your own website and had it indexed by Google, moving on to post that same content on one or two article directories is just fine. If your original article is on a Wordpress blog, Ezine Articles actually offer a plugin to make the process easier. http://blog.ezinearticles.com/2010/0...wordpress.html

Old 05-16-2012, 12:52 AM
Contributing Member

Yes I agreed Panda is not 100% about duplicate content but if we use same content with little variation then itís ultimately became low quality content (in many cases).
You can use your article on free sites that are not seemed to be content farms but if your article is worthwhile then instead of using it on free article sites you can take leverage of your content and share it on some authority site (Guest blog) I know itís take time but itís worth more than 100 low quality free article sites.
Doing Blogging the proper way is very powerful and is by far the best way to drive traffic to your website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
The Panda Update had nothing to do with duplicate content (when will people learn this ). It had to do with websites that had low quality content which is the reason why ezine articles was slapped to begin with. They was slapped again during another Panda Update due to all the over excessive ads they have on the site.

This has nothing to do with articles directories or with duplicate content. Again it had to do with low quality content farms and if you would take the time to read or hear (video) what Google had to say you you would know this.

Article marketing is far from dead because there are article directories that are 100% ad free and there are syndication sites that are built to give Google what it wants. Would I post my content on a content farm filled with ads ? Nope because I know it is useless to do so.

I much rather post my content onto ad free sites that are not deemed as content farms. Doing article marketing the proper way is very powerful and is by far the best way to drive traffic to your website.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:21 AM

they have some basic guidelines
1) dont copy content
2) grammar mistakes checking
3) if you are beginner only 2 links allowed

Old 05-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by uc-hosting-solution View Post
they have some basic guidelines
1) dont copy content
2) grammar mistakes checking
3) if you are beginner only 2 links allowed
I believe that i covered this by linking the thread creator to there guidelines. FYI, there guidelines are not basic these day's.

Got anything further to share? Did you read all the replies in this thread yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
They might reject it but i'm not sure, i'm not an editor on there website.

Here some links to there editoral guidelines to read.

http://ezinearticles.com/editorial-g...s/guideline/1h

http://ezinearticles.com/editorial-g...s/guideline/1i

Old 05-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Contributing Member

Do you understand what "syndication" is ?? Great example: press releases!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asifdilshad1 View Post
Yes I agreed Panda is not 100% about duplicate content but if we use same content with little variation then itís ultimately became low quality content (in many cases).
You can use your article on free sites that are not seemed to be content farms but if your article is worthwhile then instead of using it on free article sites you can take leverage of your content and share it on some authority site (Guest blog) I know itís take time but itís worth more than 100 low quality free article sites.
Doing Blogging the proper way is very powerful and is by far the best way to drive traffic to your website.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:41 AM

Now Google becomes very strict so you should be very careful don't use your site contents any where because Google consider it as spamming.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Contributing Member

Is that so ? Can you please give reference to this statement ?

When will people stop listening to those useless so called gurus and start using their own brain

Syndication of content is PART OF MARKETING, Google has not in any way, shape or form smacked any site for syndication of properly formatted high quality content.

Google wants high quality content and those useless sites such as ezine articles (and others) was seriously smacked because of the POOR CONTENT that authors write and they think it is quality because ezine gives them a badge saying "expert author" (which is how ezine articles cons you authors into giving them free backlinks ).

If you write properly formatted high quality content then you have no fear of syndication or Google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam View Post
Now Google becomes very strict so you should be very careful don't use your site contents any where because Google consider it as spamming.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:07 PM

Though itís little bit off topic and doesnít answer your question but I think my personal experience about top article directories will help you in a different way. I posted 4 unique articles to top 4 article directories -

EzineArticles.com
FreeArticleForYou.com
Amazines.com
ArticlesFactory.com

And all 4 articles were accepted and published about a month ago. All articles were informative and useful but unfortunately I received only 6 visitors from those 4 articles (and links).

4 visitor from EzineArticles.com
0 visitor from FreeArticleForYou.com
1 visitor from Amazines.com
1 visitor from ArticlesFactory.com

And after that result I stopped posting useful articles/contents to any article directories. I really worked hard to write those articles but didnít get any result. And then I understood why people spin articles to post in article directories. Just to get back links from those websites not to get traffic.

If you can write good quality or informative articles then post in different blogs as guest member and I am quite sure you will receive better traffic.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Contributing Member

It has very little to do with the poor quality of articles in those article directories. It has more to do with the fact the sites are loaded down with adsense.

A real article directory is one that has no adsense on your articles (yes one does exist, I own it), one that has a syndication site which is also 100% ad free which builds links to your articles. These links then build link juice to your site thus increasing your rankings for your website.

This is how real article marketing is done. Submitting junk to junk article directories for backlinks has never worked and never will, no link juice can be passed due to the sites having far too many ads all over your articles.

Visitors: Think about it! If I search for "how to build a blog" and I pull up an article on ezine articles, guess what ads are surrounding your article ?? "How to build a blog" that is the kind of ads that will show. So why should I read your article when the ad already answers my question, I am clicking on the ad and never even looking at your article.

This is the part people don't seem to get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obosh View Post
Though itís little bit off topic and doesnít answer your question but I think my personal experience about top article directories will help you in a different way. I posted 4 unique articles to top 4 article directories -

EzineArticles.com
FreeArticleForYou.com
Amazines.com
ArticlesFactory.com

And all 4 articles were accepted and published about a month ago. All articles were informative and useful but unfortunately I received only 6 visitors from those 4 articles (and links).

4 visitor from EzineArticles.com
0 visitor from FreeArticleForYou.com
1 visitor from Amazines.com
1 visitor from ArticlesFactory.com

And after that result I stopped posting useful articles/contents to any article directories. I really worked hard to write those articles but didnít get any result. And then I understood why people spin articles to post in article directories. Just to get back links from those websites not to get traffic.

If you can write good quality or informative articles then post in different blogs as guest member and I am quite sure you will receive better traffic.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread