Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-19-2012, 04:13 PM

Articles

I dont understand the difference between a blog post and an article. I hear you should write an article and link it to your blog post for that day. I dont see the need to write two posts about the same thing. Am I missing something?

Old 04-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Contributing Member

The simple answer is, Yes you are missing it.

The more detailed answer to help you understand better is posted below.

A blog post in my personal opinion is something that is 250 - 350 words or so. An article on the other hand is something that is 500+ words. This is the standard and not a set rule of any sorts. I have written both longer blog post and longer articles and I know many others have also.

The purpose here is this: Many think that writing articles is for backlinks and this is not entirely true nor what article marketing is about. Article marketing is about using your articles to empower your website and rank your website higher.

One way to do this is write a blog post based on your niche, make it about 350 words and make sure it links to your sales page. The blog post will be a little sales pitchy.

Next write an article based on the same niche but do not just copy what the blog post says. Write the article from scratch but with more details and information about the product on your blog. Do not write a sales pitch but an informational piece of content.

With one of your keywords in the article you will link to the blog post that contains more information, a sales pitch, and a link to your product.

What happens here is the article is empowering the blog post to rank higher because related content is linking to it and (depending upon the site you post the article on) you will get link juice* to your blog.

This is known as inter-joint linking (phrase coined by myself) which is designed to increase the rankings of your website.

* You will only get link juice from sites that accept articles that do not have 20 ads and 20 links around your articles like ezine articles does.

Wordpress Plugin Creates Sticky Magnetic Viral Content For Instant Backlinks

Old 04-20-2012, 12:02 AM

I wrote an article on street talk. Not sure how reputable they are. But your reply was informative and gives me reason to believe its worth time to keep doin it

Old 04-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Contributing Member

Glad to be of help. There is far more to article marketing but above is the very basics. Need any other help let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam View Post
I wrote an article on street talk. Not sure how reputable they are. But your reply was informative and gives me reason to believe its worth time to keep doin it

Old 05-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Contributing Member

A blog post is really no difference from an article because that is actually what a blog post really is. In my opinion it's just called a blog post because it is written on a blog. You have blog post that are just as long as articles. With a blog the person is in control of their content they determine how long or short the article is. With articles you are usually writing for article directories and they want an article to be a certain length because you are writing for them you have to meet certain requirements.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam View Post
I dont understand the difference between a blog post and an article. I hear you should write an article and link it to your blog post for that day. I dont see the need to write two posts about the same thing. Am I missing something?
Well following are some of the differences between an Article and a Blog.
1. Articles are usually longer while Blogs are shorter.
2. Articles are used for direct marketing of a company, product or service while Blogs are for indirect marketing, like you put more focus on things that are related or dependent upon your product or service.

Well the need to write an article as well as blog is important for the link wheel and it is vital for getting good ranking and this is because the location of a blog and articles are different, therefore it is important for this purpose. I hope this answers the question properly

Old 06-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
dot-luxury prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
The simple answer is, Yes you are missing it.

The more detailed answer to help you understand better is posted below.

A blog post in my personal opinion is something that is 250 - 350 words or so. An article on the other hand is something that is 500+ words. This is the standard and not a set rule of any sorts. I have written both longer blog post and longer articles and I know many others have also.

The purpose here is this: Many think that writing articles is for backlinks and this is not entirely true nor what article marketing is about. Article marketing is about using your articles to empower your website and rank your website higher.

One way to do this is write a blog post based on your niche, make it about 350 words and make sure it links to your sales page. The blog post will be a little sales pitchy.

Next write an article based on the same niche but do not just copy what the blog post says. Write the article from scratch but with more details and information about the product on your blog. Do not write a sales pitch but an informational piece of content.

With one of your keywords in the article you will link to the blog post that contains more information, a sales pitch, and a link to your product.

What happens here is the article is empowering the blog post to rank higher because related content is linking to it and (depending upon the site you post the article on) you will get link juice* to your blog.

This is known as inter-joint linking (phrase coined by myself) which is designed to increase the rankings of your website.

* You will only get link juice from sites that accept articles that do not have 20 ads and 20 links around your articles like ezine articles does.
Really great post this one!

The only thing I would say is that Articles and Blog posts can both be opinionated. If getting your point across means giving your opinion, or even causing a bit of controversy, then do it!

For me both forms of writing should provoke a reaction.

If opinion helps you do that then include it.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Contributing Member

I agree, controversy does sell. This is why link baiting works so very well for some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webwiseforum View Post
Really great post this one!

The only thing I would say is that Articles and Blog posts can both be opinionated. If getting your point across means giving your opinion, or even causing a bit of controversy, then do it!

For me both forms of writing should provoke a reaction.

If opinion helps you do that then include it.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:45 AM

There is no difference between a blog post and an article ! but an article submitted to a blog is a post so post blog = article

Old 06-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Contributing Member

There is a difference in the writing styles that is needed for an article vs a blog post. The content that you write along with how you write it and where you post it, makes a huge difference on not only rankings but sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branco View Post
There is no difference between a blog post and an article ! but an article submitted to a blog is a post so post blog = article

Old 06-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branco View Post
I agree with the above posters response. (Post #10)

FYI, a blog post is completly different from an article. With blog posts, you are talking to your subscribers or potential visitors and not only providing good information, you are trying to get them to post comments about your blog post..etc You know, you ask a few questions and mention to submit feedback or to answer those questions..etc

Writing styles are different as if you visit any high traffic blog, you'll notice there writing style compared to articles from Ezinearticles (example article site)

If I wrote an article, i won't want to ask for comments on the article because once I submit it to the article directory, I won't visit that article directory till I submit another article. If I do guest blog posts on someone else's blog, I will check back several times a day to respond to blog comments and also try to steal some traffic with quality comments and brand myself.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 06-24-2012, 06:49 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
... you ask a few questions and mention to submit feedback or to answer those questions.
I tend to forget this part... Friendliness, approachability, and discussing the content on the pages linked to are things I need to work on.

Some comments don't really seem to require an answer.
respond neway?

Old 07-30-2012, 09:17 PM

let me share my knowledge to you about the difference between blog and an Article. Blog is more on commenting about the topic which have given by the site or giving an advice if it is needed while an article is an easy way to promote your products or services without spending a dime. Writing effective articles and putting them on the internet takes a bit of time, but once you set up a system it is very easy to do.

sincerely,

kinky
[removed]

Last edited by snakeair; 07-30-2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: 30 posts required for siggie

Old 07-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Contributing Member

Exactly why many sites get smacked by Google, articles are written to "promote products" when they should be written to be an introduction and informational about said product.

In other words articles are to be used to pre-sale an already qualified buyer. They are not a sales pitch, a sales pitch belongs on your sales page and not in an article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinky View Post
let me share my knowledge to you about the difference between blog and an Article. Blog is more on commenting about the topic which have given by the site or giving an advice if it is needed while an article is an easy way to promote your products or services without spending a dime. Writing effective articles and putting them on the internet takes a bit of time, but once you set up a system it is very easy to do.

sincerely,

kinky
[removed]

Old 10-25-2012, 06:50 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Yes both are different things. One difference is of their guidelines and second is In article we can get a complete knowledge about a specific topic ans In blog a view of a person included with short description regarding topics.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:31 AM

Can you suggest how to write best article that doesn't look like a sales copy only.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Contributing Member

Simple - You write about the product and the benefits of said product. You use your content to help educate the reader instead of trying to sell. Any and all possible customers must be educated before you can sell to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofblogger View Post
Can you suggest how to write best article that doesn't look like a sales copy only.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofblogger View Post
You can also make use of article templates like "Top 5 Ways To ... " or "Orange oPhones vs. Googoo Robot Phones: A Shopper's Comparison". Look through articles and take notes on the formulas they are based on. Then when you are ready to write your own articles, quickly pick a formula for each article.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:00 AM

do a review based article... always works

Old 01-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Articles can be used in directories not just for blogs. Both are vital for SEO.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web