Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 05-06-2012, 04:39 AM
Contributing Member

Wordpress versus joomla to write content for my site

I'm wondering, what would be better.

I have a Joomla website but everytime I write an article it's a pain in the ***.

What if I made a wordpress install in a subfolder like this:

www.example.com/wordpressfolder

And then wrote some transportation articles on the blog and linked to my website or:

Would it be better to simply write articles on the Joomla installation?

Last edited by snakeair; 05-06-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Banned

Honestly it really all depends. Personally, I have built most of my websites using Joomla because I thought it was easier to manage content and there were a lot of features available that made building sites easy for clients. I have built some websites using wordpress and lately have been using wordpress more.

I have found that for business-based websites with client-management and payment systems Joomla is better fit. For content-based websites with a lot of authors and media then Wordpress is better because there are a lot of integrated social features like pinging and sharing.

For your current site, if it works with Joomla and you've already established it you might keep it the way it is. They both work great and you can make a successful website using either and customize the way you see fit.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:49 AM
Contributing Member

Joomla has been a huge pain for me. I built my first website with it and obviously had no idea what I was doing, so just about everything that could have gone wrong did - and I'm pretty sure that was the vulnerability that hacked my email server a few years ago.

Wordpress is a lot more intuitive, and it is a great platform for publishing content-based sites. Add in all the great free templates and plugins, and you can get things pretty customized without too much effort or technical know-how.

Of course, if you know your way around Joomla it is pretty powerful and there is a lot you can do with it beyond simple informational pages. Then again, isn't Drupal rather similar? I hear that one recommended a lot, as well, but I haven't had any personal experience with it.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread