Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 05-21-2012, 04:23 AM

How to Stop Plagiarism of Site Content

Friends, i need a help... Have comes across tool of checkin through www.copyscape.com . When i checked my site discount section, i observed multiple matches.

Is there any way to protect data been just copied and pasted. Been the data is about Automobiles and keep on changing - its not possible to make it copywright - but stopping copy and paste to other site will surely help

Any suggestion pls

Last edited by snakeair; 05-21-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Contributing Member

The least way to stop the copy-paste is to disable the right-click and ctrl + c on your article. Here's my Google search about disable right click code.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:59 AM

Thanks MrSS.
Just - one more thing - how did you do this by hyperlinking on text - disable right click code - and on clicking one is been landed to google

Can you also guide me - how can i put in some search keywords on my site and let the user once click on it is landed to Google CSE Search Engine of my site

Your response means a great help.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Contributing Member

The best way to protect your content is by disabling right click. You should disable right click and there are lots of useful scripts out there which can protect your content. Disabling copy and paste is also very important.

I found 1 useful code out there. Please have a look : http://www.hypergurl.com/norightclick.html

Old 05-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Contributing Member

What about disable right click, copy & pasting and screen captures, all in one ?

Old 06-22-2012, 04:16 AM

Even if you disable right click, copy and paste, there are ways to copy text. It can only avoid those people who dont know much about technology. What I feel is we should contact the owner of the site directly telling him he has infringed your copyright and he should remove the copied content immediately. Otherwise, you can find out the hosting server of his website and request them. They might help in this case.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:31 AM
Contributing Member

Register yourself to DMCA, they provide the certificate & your content is then copy writed. No any harm will occur to your site then.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:26 AM

The internet is free game to take and steal content, but Google understands duplicate content.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Besides being a PIA for those who:
-would like to quote you (legitimately) and of course provide your source link
-would like to open a link within your article for their own reasons (not yours)

Disabling right click does not work:
-person might have popup blocker installed and therefore has to right click your link within the article to see what you referenced
-they can get it from their browser cache
-they can view your source code
-they have Javascript disabled
-if concerned about images being stolen, they can get them from image searches unless you block the bots that create image searches

Quote:
Many times it has been said:

Quote:
“If you don’t want people to steal your stuff, don’t put it on the internet.”

Author Unknown
I think we have proven the point that using a disable right click script is just an inconvience to your website visitor and generally useless.
Disable Right Click

What you could do instead is:
-Create a Google Alert (or use some other alert/brand monitoring system) so when a specific phrase is found by the service you get a notice in your email and go have a look whether it is a legit quote or outright copyright infringement
Quote:
You can build your internal link building by linking your page content to related pages on the site or blog.

Quote:
Smart internal linking tightens content structure and tells the search engines which keyword phrases are related to your pages.

Internal linking also gives some of your lesser-known pages an ‘endorsement’ from your more successful pages.

Read more: Two Simple and Effective SEO Plays that Increased My Rankings [SEO Starters]
Internal Link Building within Content

-include absolute links in your internal links within the articles. Good for SEO anyways and if you use an alert system for your domain name you will get a notice when your domain name is found.
Quote:
Make your internal links absolute links.
Absolute links are the exact path to the page on the web server. e.g. http://www.yourdomainname.com/services.htm is the absolute link to your services page. If you are using a WYSWYG or online editor when creating your internal links, it will just put the relative path in the hyperlink. e.g. <a href="services.htm">Services</a> This is a carry over from developing your site offline and testing your internal links offline. Good for offline testing but bad for search engine optimization.
Reference: same article as above

-If you allow trackbacks on your Wordpress (or other content management system) you can catch those scrapers that neglected to remove you internal link referenced above.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVD View Post
The internet is free game to take and steal content, but Google understands duplicate content.
Just because people can steal doesn't make it right. Whether the search engines can determine duplicate content or not does not matter.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:03 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhelpline View Post
Friends, i need a help... Have comes across tool of checkin through www.copyscape.com . When i checked my site discount section, i observed multiple matches.

Is there any way to protect data been just copied and pasted. Been the data is about Automobiles and keep on changing - its not possible to make it copywright - but stopping copy and paste to other site will surely help

Any suggestion pls
Use paid service of copyscape, your problem should be solved

Old 07-01-2012, 06:46 AM
Contributing Member

First of all disabling right click does not work and never has. If you do not want something stolen then do not put it online, it's that simple.

There is no way to STOP someone from taking content. You are wasting valuable time looking and searching for those that do steal. Forget about it and move on. Write more content and focus on your business.

Do not waste your money with copyscape because you can do the exact same thing at all major search engines for free. There are also many sites that block copyscape because they know they charge a fee for their service but yet they scrape sites for free.

You can send DMCA takedown notices but you will find yourself spending more valuable time than what it is worth. Focus on your business instead.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Contributing Member

People are talking about disabling right click... Don't do it!
First of all, it is mostly done by programs. Scraping a page content by program is 100 times more likely than some one does it manually. Secondly, there are stories that Google has removed the pages that right click has been disabled on them. Search it in Google and you will find these stories.
Right way to protect your content is to send a DMCA notice. Make sure you have all the rights before doing so.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:14 AM

The best way to protect your content is by disabling right click in the way of right thanks

Old 07-25-2012, 01:40 AM
Contributing Member

I am so glad you read the thread before replying

Seriously - Issue a DMCA Take-down Notice to the host of the person / company that steals your content and move on about your business. There is no way to keep someone from taking images, content, or design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujaladil View Post
The best way to protect your content is by disabling right click in the way of right thanks

Old 07-27-2012, 09:32 AM

DCMA Takedown notices are usually the best way to get the content removed, then you want to look into how your content is being stolen in the first place. Do you have an active RSS feed? Did you disable copy/paste?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web