Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 PM

Thank you for your wonderful answer and effort. I appreciate the knowledge you have shared.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Contributing Member

You are welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by rank4less View Post
Thank you for your wonderful answer and effort. I appreciate the knowledge you have shared.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 AM

No NO No!!

Never use the same content twice especially now that Google have Penguins, Pandas and other pets scouring the internet. Also do not spin articles rather rewrite them other wise they are just garbage.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Contributing Member

By your replies I have seen it is obvious that you are not bothering to read the threads. You would be surprised at what you may learn if you took the time to read the replies.

You can perfectly use the same content more than once and not be bothered by Google, it's called syndication and no search engine will ever punish you for syndicating your content.

You can also humanly spin content (no junk software) that will be perfectly readable and save time doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marse View Post
Never use the same content twice especially now that Google have Penguins, Pandas and other pets scouring the internet. Also do not spin articles rather rewrite them other wise they are just garbage.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:26 AM

DO YOU HAVE A LIFE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
By your replies I have seen it is obvious that you are not bothering to read the threads. You would be surprised at what you may learn if you took the time to read the replies.

You can perfectly use the same content more than once and not be bothered by Google, it's called syndication and no search engine will ever punish you for syndicating your content.

You can also humanly spin content (no junk software) that will be perfectly readable and save time doing so.
when i say "spin" its software when I say rewrite i mean actually typing the article out again which is often referred to as a UAW, perhaps you have heard of it????

You seem to disagree with most people, sometimes it is best to keep your comments to yourself if you do not have anything positive to say.....

Old 11-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Contributing Member

No I don't have a life.

Giving out bad advice about things you obviously are no expert in is when you should follow your own advice - "sometimes it is best to keep your comments to yourself"

You claim people should not "syndicate" their content due to some Google updates. The problem here is that there is nothing wrong with syndication and Google will not punish anyone for doing syndication.

Giving out bad advice could hurt someone else by them following that bad advice.

As I said it is obvious that you did not read this thread and you just replied to the OP only with what "you" think is good advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marse View Post
when i say "spin" its software when I say rewrite i mean actually typing the article out again which is often referred to as a UAW, perhaps you have heard of it????

You seem to disagree with most people, sometimes it is best to keep your comments to yourself if you do not have anything positive to say.....

Old 11-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I often get questions from whitehat sites who are worried that they might receive duplicate content penalties because they have the same article in different formats ( e.g. a paginated version and a printer-ready version). While it’s helpful to try to pick one of those articles and exclude the other version from indexing, typically a whitehat site doesn’t neet to worry about 1-3 versions of an article on their own site. However, I would be mindful that taking all your articles and submitting them for syndication all over the place can make it more difficult to determine how much the site wrote its own content vs. just used syndicated content. My advice would be 1) to avoid over-syndicating the articles that you write, and 2) if you do syndicate content, make sure that you include a link to the original content. That will help ensure that the original content has more PageRank, which will aid in picking the best documents in our index.
Matt Cutts
Duplicate content question

Old 11-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Contributing Member

That is exactly what syndication is and as I have said - syndication does not harm you at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post

Old 01-02-2013, 03:59 PM

The backlinks you get from article directories are very weak. Doing a big submission will help with your SEO but will might also penalize the credibility of your site. I would avoid posting duplicate articles.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Contributing Member

That is not a correct statement. Not all article directories are the same. There is no such thing as duplicate articles, its called syndication. The same exact thing as press releases.

With that being said, mass submission to useless content farms filled with adsense will not help you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitrym View Post
The backlinks you get from article directories are very weak. Doing a big submission will help with your SEO but will might also penalize the credibility of your site. I would avoid posting duplicate articles.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Contributing Member

article sites not penalty for my site you can post one article only 20 high PR and good quality articles sites.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

This thread has gone on long enough. The thread creator has not been back since Oct. 2012 and already got his answer.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread