Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 10-24-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mica1016 View Post
We all say writ good content,but actually is so hard the to do,the knowledge limited and lack of writing talent.I always copy the content on the internet.
And you're the reason sometimes other websites lose out on rankings, so congratulations.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 02:11 PM

I agree when it comes to your own blog posts because no one can capture the passion of your business quite like the owner should be able to. I wouldn't mind getting some help with articles though as those are more like sales pitches.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:43 PM

i'm only able to write for 2 paragraphs, with simple english... is it good or bad?

Old 11-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda82 View Post
i'm only able to write for 2 paragraphs, with simple english... is it good or bad?
That's not bad at all. It's a start and you will get better as you keep writing.

The following blog below is a good blog to help understand the English language and will help you out when you write blog posts.

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/

Old 11-03-2012, 04:47 PM

Maybe the solution is to find an editor, not a writer. A good editor can write very well to begin with, and has enough mastery of the writing process to be able to help you put your thoughts together so that you end up looking like a good writer yourself. People are willing to pay for writers but often not for editors, whereas sometimes it's the editor who will be the more helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufavors View Post
I agree when it comes to your own blog posts because no one can capture the passion of your business quite like the owner should be able to. I wouldn't mind getting some help with articles though as those are more like sales pitches.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:43 PM

I don't agree that everyone should write their own content. I work for many marketers who prefer to concentrate on other aspects of their business and leave the writing to people who they know will do it well. It frees them up to do other things.

Of course, some people enjoy content creation, and for them it is worth it to do their own. I think it is a personal preference.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:05 PM

It's a good article, and I think it makes a good point in that you're going to have to learn how to create a lot of content if you are going to be successful in this business. There's no time like the beginning of your business to get started with writing. I think people really tend to make too big of a deal out of writing. Really, content creation is simply a matter of writing down your thoughts and knowledge on a subject - and then slowing down and reading them back out loud to yourself. (That will catch the majority of grammar and convention errors.)

Old 11-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Contributing Member

It's really hard to write original content especially if it's not your field and not good in grammar.

My strategy for making a great article is that, I am writing it first in my own language.. Then i try to translate it in english and search for the proper grammar for the sentence or word that confuse me..

In that way, I can make my own idea and original content..

Old 11-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Contributing Member

We actually liked the article. It sure didn't talk like Google and it was more of human approach why the article should be written by unique individuals.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:40 AM

Writing own content is one of the use full thing to your website it will increase your page rank if the quality of the content page will be Good and clear...and need to concentrate on Keywords it plays a major role ...

Old 12-17-2012, 03:51 AM
Contributing Member

Yes content written by you is better than written by a content writer. As in seo quality matters for the rankings of your keywords so when you are writing a blog post or a article it must be unique so that more users read it and your website get more traffic.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:07 PM

If you own a business you'll want to be able to develop a brand voice for your loyal customers. Writing may not be for everyone. It takes a while to get good at copywriting and understanding what gets the likes and the shares.

Developing a strong calendar is a great start with amazing headlines. Digital marketing is the new newspaper. People pick up the stories because they know there's going to be something valueble in there and BAM -- you get the ads.

Agreed. Some people just would rather sit there and write and produce content. If you have someone writing for the sake of writing, and pulling their teeth, it wouldn't be as good as if it were a ghostwriter.

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 12-17-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Banned

Yes, plus you may get it advertised if the content is really an A+, I mean people copying it as we know are required to indicate sources right ? So there, you get it advertised too.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Contributing Member

I really want to improve my writing.. I'm still learning but yes writing our own content is really important than copying others work

Old 12-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Contributing Member

I find it very scary to outsource blog content. For one, the majority of the time you are outsourcing to another country where lingo and spelling can be different and it definitely can adversely affect your customer base. Also it's a little bit of a black hat SEO technique that will kill your rankings later. Just write your own stuff.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:41 AM
Contributing Member

As we all know content is always the king. and plagiarized someone else content will create conflicts among them and they may be penalized. thankyou!

Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 PM

Writing great content is really hard. Writing an original article is not hard but to write something that will generate traffic and get users to your page is a skill.

For those who are not writers, I would focus on picking a subject that is relevant and interesting. And then doing research to ensure that your article has substance.

Cheers.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:51 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitrym View Post
Writing great content is really hard. Writing an original article is not hard but to write something that will generate traffic and get users to your page is a skill.

For those who are not writers, I would focus on picking a subject that is relevant and interesting. And then doing research to ensure that your article has substance.

Cheers.
By reading more and more books or article can only help to write good posts with quality.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Contributing Member

While I agree, if you can find local writers who will write at a cost-effective rate, you can free up a lot of time in focusing on ranking and how to better optimize your web page.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:46 AM

I agree with that article if it refers to blogging. Blogs are normally a bit more personal and they definitely need to have posts that are written with personality. Product review websites would fall in the same category. Articles for health related websites don't really need to show the personality of the website owner as the audience would be more interested in the information that the articles provide. I guess it really just depends on the type of website and the product.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web