Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 AM

Content Writing

If we want to write content to our web page / web site what should be keep in mind?

Assume you want a content for web hosting site so what should take care like content should be based on general like what is domain? what is domain registration? or it should be like in business way like services we offer on web hosting?

Please Suggest me

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Contributing Member

First of all your content should be of high quality and written so people can understand the message you are trying to relay.

Hosting website would have content based upon hosting and semantically related terms. Hosting, Apache, Cpanel, Website Maintenance, Benefits of Dedicated Servers, and etc.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srrhomes View Post
If we want to write content to our web page / web site what should be keep in mind?

Assume you want a content for web hosting site so what should take care like content should be based on general like what is domain? what is domain registration? or it should be like in business way like services we offer on web hosting?

Please Suggest me
Content for a webpage has to be informative, short and specific in order to be effective (Not to forget the keywords for optimization). If we are dealing a technical website then our prospective audience will have people with good technical expertise and even amateurs. This is why we have to make sure we avoid complex technical jargons and if we are using any technical term then make sure we have an explanation for the same.
Hope this helps

Old 10-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Contributing Member

My personal view of good content is it must have one or more of the following elements:
1. It is useful (i.e. content that can be used e.g. "How To", "Tips", "Guide" etc...)
2. It is timely (i.e. content that is time-sensitive e.g. current development of certain campaign, sports prediction, result etc...)
3. It is entertaining (i.e. content that is inspiring or make people laugh e.g. inspirational quotes, jokes, comics, infographics etc...)
4. It is a stats (i.e. collation of the relevant starts/survey outcome etc...)

Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Contributing Member

What about proper spelling, proper grammar, proper grade level, PSAD, semantically related words and OCI ?

These are things that Google looks for when deciding if content is high quality or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huasang View Post
My personal view of good content is it must have one or more of the following elements:
1. It is useful (i.e. content that can be used e.g. "How To", "Tips", "Guide" etc...)
2. It is timely (i.e. content that is time-sensitive e.g. current development of certain campaign, sports prediction, result etc...)
3. It is entertaining (i.e. content that is inspiring or make people laugh e.g. inspirational quotes, jokes, comics, infographics etc...)
4. It is a stats (i.e. collation of the relevant starts/survey outcome etc...)

Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Old 11-12-2012, 04:24 AM

There are many factors you need to consider for a good piece of content:

1. Subject/Topic of the writing
2. Audience for whom it is being written
3. Short, simple and precise
4. Accuracy with information
5. Good use of language
6. Research and read related writings

These according to me are crucial factors for a good content. Good Luck with your writing!

Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 PM

Everything said thus far is extremely relevant.

Keep your keywords in mind, optimize them.

Keep your content relevant, factual and concise. << This seems to be what people have the most trouble with - remember that competition is at its highest online, since there are a million choices, you have to be amazing to even have a chance. Keeping that in mind, even when you have totally relevant content, no one is going to read it if it is buried in three or four wordy paragraphs.

As hard as it is to take criticism, let your coworkers, peers, etc... read and correct your content. They will help you keep it concise and error-free.

Also, never underestimate the nitpickyness of some guy online who has nothing better to do than to pick apart your web page - for this reason, you MUST keep your content as error-free as possible.

Good luck, and I hope some of this helped

Old 11-25-2012, 08:48 PM

I keep it all original and fresh.
Make sure my writing style and opinion shine through
Use only my original dog pictures
Give advice without hesitation.

The only thing i really need to do is find a better way of promoting the pages ...

Old 11-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Contributing Member

Use your content to promote your pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie View Post
I keep it all original and fresh.
Make sure my writing style and opinion shine through
Use only my original dog pictures
Give advice without hesitation.

The only thing i really need to do is find a better way of promoting the pages ...

Old 12-04-2012, 07:19 AM

Well first of all begin with typing Meta Tags, Title Tags description etc. The write SEO Optimized Web content, so that it would get higher rankings. But make sure your Keyword density don't exceed more than 5%... However try to describe about your products and services in the best possible manner.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:53 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkonnect View Post
But make sure your Keyword density don't exceed more than 5%...
Why is that ?

Old 12-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Contributing Member

I keep the essentials of content writing simple. I try to see things from the users perspective and then deliver what they're looking for in a manner that is entertaining and useful. It's a little complicated to get both working in unison but it's what works for me.

I also think it's very important to craft your own style. However, you may need to craft your style in such a way that is more suitable to your market.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web