Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 11-01-2012, 05:50 AM

How to create seo friendly content?

Hello Folks,

I would like to ask. How I create a seo friendly content to our website/blog. Should I repeat some keyword and phrases in my content like my wesite name etc or anything else.

Regards
Trans

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Contributing Member

Don't do keyword stuffing. Your keyword density shouldn't be more than 4, 5% at the most. Use .htaccess to make your URLs friendly. H1 tag should be your title for real! Don't hide any text of course. Don't put less than 150 words for a new page.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsonmycar View Post
Don't do keyword stuffing. Your keyword density shouldn't be more than 4, 5% at the most. Use .htaccess to make your URLs friendly. H1 tag should be your title for real! Don't hide any text of course. Don't put less than 150 words for a new page.
Thanks a lot adsonmycar.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:20 PM

Good question. Here is my take on the issue.

People talk about SEO content, as if it's something special or arcane. Where do SEO keywords come from? Well, when search engines like Google analyze the language used in a niche, they go to forums and specialty sites and sift through the language used there. They rank the words used by how common they are and how unique they are to that niche.

So you would find "home theater system" used in the home entertainment niche, but not so much in the weight-loss niche. In weight loss forums, you would find "belly fat" used much more often than you would in home entertainment forums. Google et al. figure out that if they find certain keywords in a piece of content, then that content is probably about one niche and not another one.

So if you want your article or blog post to show up on Google's niche radar as being about weight loss, then you need to have weight loss words in it. How do you do that? You just talk about weight loss using the kinds of words that people in the weight loss niche are using!

That means you have to know what kind of language the people in the niche do use. Which means that you have to be familiar with the niche.

There is, as always, more to it, but in my experience this will get you most of the way there. If you want more, just use H1 tags with niche-related headlines in them, and you will be in quite good shape. Wordpress, among other platforms, takes care of a lot of the details for you. You still have to provide the content, though!

Old 11-05-2012, 04:37 AM

Creating SEO friendly content

SEO friendly content is all about engaging your prospective audience through relevancy. Many of us are under the impression that SEO friendly content is written for the search engine; however, content is always for the convenience and knowledge of the reader rather than the search engine. Creating equilibrium between SEO tactics and relevant writing is what SEO content writing all about.

Here are certain useful tips that can assist you in the creation of SEO friendly and logical content:

Using the keywords logically

When we talk about SEO, keywords are regarded as one of the most important aspects, which is why we have to pay due consideration to keywords before we even start writing our content. Keyword selection requires enough brainstorming and trusted tools like Google Adwords can prove to be of great help.

Another keep in mind is that to choose a perfect place for inserting the keywords too. Inserting your keywords within the title or in the first sentence itself is also a good start. Don’t forget hidden places like image caption and Meta tags.

Keyword stuffing is a practice penalized by search engines, which is why the right keyword density is also necessary for a SEO friendly content.

Be impactful rather than being opinionated

I feel now SEO writers have become more opinioned than impactful in their writing, which is a downside. Being a writer, your sole motive is to offer relevant information that presents both sides of a story rather than going on n’ on with what you feel. The title you use for the content should have connectivity with the information you have and ofcourse the keyword. Moreover, would like to suggest that instead of repeating your keywords every other time (e.g. same keyword in the title and in the body), go for synonyms as Google does take into consideration the use of synonyms.

Links-Links & Links

Inserting useful and relevant links in your content can help you in climbing the ranking ladder very easily. However, don’t overdo it!

Hope This helps!

Old 11-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Contributing Member

Good content is clear, engaging, and packed with information. However, the quality of the article itself won’t matter if nobody actually gets to see it.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Contributing Member

Just write your content, don't copy it from other sites. Make it simple, don't complitate it.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans View Post
Hello Folks,

I would like to ask. How I create a seo friendly content to our website/blog. Should I repeat some keyword and phrases in my content like my wesite name etc or anything else.

Regards
Trans
Never think about Keyword stuffing..one day google will catch you and your website will go down.
try to write unique and attractive article. Blogging is all about the way you write. Try to engage your visitors by writing clear content.

Consider about heading tags, use h1 for heading, h2 and h3 in the content section.
while writing consider about keyword density. try to use them multiple times but never spam.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Contributing Member

You want to create relevant content with a keyword consistency of about 1%. You also make sure keywords are in the title and bolded in the article.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Contributing Member

As a start, put the target keyword in the page page title, appropriate meta's, content title, in the first paragraph once (bolded).

Old 12-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Contributing Member

The question is asked in a way that it is hard to believe you don't know the answer for your question. Correct us if we are wrong, nevertheless write like a human. Think search engines don't exist, only learn about h1, h2, h3 tags as well as strong and bold and paragraphs.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:23 AM

I will agree to disagree, because the question asked is very relevant indeed.

Although most replies I will agree with, but what about if 20 web pages had similar content and all these pages were targeting the same keywords (it happens) and what if the content in our example is engaging, useful, fresh and written for the users benefit etc.

What happens to rankings of each web page? Since there is only 10 positions in first page of Google, so, the question remains. And the thread starter "Trans" is absolutely on the right track. Because this is the sort of questions that gets you higher rankings. Anyhow, as most replies has merits: and to make it little more engaging and seo friendly, check out the link above on our blog post (because it just does that; gives you core seo copy-writing insights)

(BTW, I actually love v7n community, and the link above is not to direct forum members, rather to enlighten them to become better webmasters)

Old 12-13-2012, 08:53 AM

its quite easy..after selecting your keyword(that is most important in your site) when creating your content,there must have keyword density at least 2.5%,which is OK.but for best,keyword density must be 6-7% for 300 words.It is easy to create a content within 300 words for a single keyword.You should also use Heading 1,2,3 which makes your content ore SEO friendly.after focusing keyword,your meta description,SEO title and page URL should have the keyword.Now meta description has less value in Google,make sure that your meta description is within 156 characters.You should ensure that your site you are using imbound links in your content and the content is user friendly

Old 12-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Banned

I think your content should be clear and relevant to the topic. It should be also informative.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Contributing Member

Concentrate on quality of contents rather than just SEO friendly content. If contents of post are qualitative then it engage visitors to read and encourage them to share.

Just keep your posts
- simple & qualitative
- use original content
- user friendly

Old 12-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Contributing Member

Mind the things below.
Do not do keyword stuffing,
do not do keyword flooding,
Do not do article spinning.
always use fresh and unique articles.
do no to article spinning.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:18 AM

optimize your targeted keywords with balanced density and keep it uniq.after all content is king in SEO.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:07 AM

For best SEO friendly post you should do the following:
1.First find the best keyword
2.post on it,not less than 300 words.
3.keep keyword density within 4-4.5%its better
4.keep your keyword in Title,Url,meta description(meta description must be within 156 character)
5.keep keyword in images alter tag

Old 01-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
SEO friendly contents means you have to write your contents with 2% to 5% keywords density. And there must be Header tags, etc.
Where did you get this percentage from? I'm sure the thread creator and the rest of the members would like to know this as well.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Banned

Very well written about the Google Panda update. Am a blogger n i always used to write unique content regularly.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread