Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 01-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Contributing Member

Content creation is no longer important to your business?

I am very curious about why "Writing For The Web" has been one of the least participated sub-forums in V7. Does it mean people care more about traffic than content?

What I'd like to address here is, the more solid and better content you have, you better chance you will win in your competition.

Your content plays a very important role to attract "sticky traffic", meaning people will tend to stay on your site longer and come back more often.

If you don't have a good content that makes you proud of, don't even waste time on getting any traffic because it will not sustain.

My two cents.

Cheers,
Kevin

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

This forum section was started mid 2010 just to clear this up.

Good topic thought and i'm looking forward to the replies.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Contributing Member

Its not like people don't care about content but it is that everyone who creates a website starts with content and followed by traffic, I understand that many people who joins the forum have their sites up with quality content according to their understanding.
Secondly there people like me who when ever we try to update our content, we end up losing our places on google search engine and to regain that place take a very hard work to get it again so we nolonger temper to disturb our content just any how that is why we focus on backlinks and traffic.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

Great thread topic! There are a number of reasons why content is not continuously built and updated but two stand out to me which are:

Laziness- (Which I am guilty of)
Puting search engines (primarily Google) ahead of visitors

Old 01-08-2013, 05:46 AM
Contributing Member

Good point wwhuang. Yes its right that people write for web to only gain position on search engine. Sites which have nice and unique content, can get better ranking instead of spammed content only for optimization purpose.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:17 AM

Content is very important for Websites. I think why its not so popular here is because that when web marketers are seeking content writers they often just hire them without sharing too many details on what they're planning on.

I think it's an important topic to keep in the conversation because of Google loving content that is, but don't expect massive activity on this part of the forums. People like to keep their marketing text to themselves mostly and since its straight forward and not like webdesign yeah you'll see less posts heh.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:40 AM

Good Kevin! I absolutely comply with your concern, however, would like you to know that people who are ignorant about the importance of content are the ones suffering after the release of every other search engine update. Most of the online entrepreneurs today are very well aware about the importance of quality content in a given website and the importance of prospects over just a search engine. Therefore, no worries!

Old 01-25-2013, 06:06 PM

And in the end, it's content that wins. I'm sure that those who are serious about their business are aware of this fact. Only those who think that they can sneak into search engines are sticking with with their old-age tactics such as keyword-stuffing etc. The sooner they realize their folly, the better for them.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
And in the end, it's content that wins. I'm sure that those who are serious about their business are aware of this fact. Only those who think that they can sneak into search engines are sticking with with their old-age tactics such as keyword-stuffing etc. The sooner they realize their folly, the better for them.
I disagree, the amount of time that high quality content is pushed to page 5 when it should be on page one is numerous.

It's like a playground, the bigger kids are bulling the smaller ones no matter how good the work they produce is. Content isn't necessarily king.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web