Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 03-03-2013, 09:02 AM

To me, "Great Content" is subjective and it entirely depends on the audience's perception. Trust me, you will know if it's "great content" if you get a lot of people re-posting your articles. You don't necessarily have to be a good writer (take the website Cracked.com for example, the writing is terrible and yet they have great SEO and "great content" assuming you're into that kind of stuff).

If you are writing about a specific topic, make sure you know what you're saying and not just talking out of your ass - that's also "great content". Great content is also SEO friendly without being too keyword spammy. Even if you have the best content in the world you will still need to promote your content otherwise no one will have a clue where to find you.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 04:18 AM

Content giving unique value to the reader is important, only by just checking the plagiarism is not effective.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:19 AM

The answer is quite intuitive - post what you would like to read. Like going through the paper when you find someting written well, you will delayed and read. I think that goes for every product we buy in life, if you eat a great meal at the restaurant you will keep coming back, if you read various of good articles on a site you will return. Simple as that.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:13 AM
Banned

I think a website with useful content and good researches is good enough for increasing its quality.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Contributing Member

A content that gets its reader to read all through it, is a great content. You can never keep everyone happy, but if you can keep a larger percentage of your readers happy, you have done a good job in writing.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetsFactory View Post
A content that gets its reader to read all through it, is a great content. You can never keep everyone happy, but if you can keep a larger percentage of your readers happy, you have done a good job in writing.
I totally agree. Also if you want to have great content, you must be passionate on whatever topic you chose. That way you won't get bored and create a great content where people will surely love to read.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:02 AM

just focus on a topic and write as short as possible, and explanatory

Old 04-14-2013, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by canerozdemir View Post
I prefer long articles/blog posts to get the point accross more clearly. You suggesting that short is better?

Old 04-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canerozdemir View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I prefer long articles/blog posts to get the point accross more clearly. You suggesting that short is better?

I think it really depends on what topics you chose. Don't write articles that is short as in "Really Short" but if you do, make it concise and direct to the point.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread