Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 04-25-2013, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Why You Shouldn’t Outsource Content

Before you get defensive on this topic, you need to read the blog post first.

Quote:
The internet can be broken down into two separate groups – those who create content and those who consume it. Those who create it have more social shares, influence, revenue, Google love, etc. We get it. Content is king and limes are green.

There’s obviously a need to crank out content on a large scale, which has led to the use of automatic content generation for mass distribution. I’m aware of instant article software that is capable of producing hundreds, even thousands, of unique, content-rich web pages in a matter of minutes. But like Shania used to say, “that don’t impress me much.”

Yeah it saves time, but a marketing strategy built solely upon automatic content generation will not be sustainable. Maybe a decade ago, but not today. We’re witnessing more and more the value Google is placing on content readability, social shares, and authorship; all things you must earn as a content creator.

So what do you...
Continued at: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/w...content/62825/

Thoughts on the blog post?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 07:33 AM
Contributing Member

Absolutley, one of the main reasons I also like to write my own content, is because we are constantly learning new things as we write, from our research on subjects. I would also prefer to invest my money elsewhre, than gamble on some poor quality content for my site.

I used to outsource, but now I've discovered it's much better to write your own.

- Cheap
- Original
- High Quality
- You Learn
- Improve Written Skills
- You Know Your Site

Old 06-09-2013, 07:23 AM

One basic element of developing a web business is to create a site / brand that people will trust...
If the "voice" of the site in not consistent, the potential customer will not feel comfortable and most likely will click away, looking for a more "trustable" site...

As mentioned earlier, the research used to develop content, is valuable in increasing the knowledge base of the "business" owner....

What a good feeling it is to feel that one has the knowledge about a subject that is above average.....and gain steps toward...."expertdom".....

Old 06-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Contributing Member

Hmm.. True! The problem is everyone tries to go for the shortcut. From Economical point of view, here one industry supports another

Old 06-10-2013, 06:29 PM

It depends on your situation and your writing abilities. Some webmasters are not very good writers, so they choose to outsource.
Other webmasters are making enough money that they don't feel the need to write their own content, and would rather outsource it.

But I get what you're saying...

Old 06-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Contributing Member

While I do not outsource content writing, I do recommend it for clients who are not able to put decent verbiage together for a website - or even promotional material.

In fact I sometimes use a copywriter for our own verbiage for grammar and punctuation. She usually comes back with 8 or 9 suggested changes, to which I usually agree to most.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web