Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 07-24-2013, 01:28 AM
Contributing Member

i think the best tool requirement when you are writing an article is your interest about the topic, when you are interested of what you are writing the result will come up correctly.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-24-2013, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by contech View Post
i think the best tool requirement when you are writing an article is your interest about the topic, when you are interested of what you are writing the result will come up correctly.
Any thoughts on the thread creators opening post?

Any tools you use online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitmathur View Post
Ok I put it in this way what are the online tools you prefer to use while writing...

I like to keep Google trends, Google adwords, Google as Search Engine.

How about you?

Old 08-09-2013, 02:08 PM

When writing articles I choose a topic that I am interested in. Then I think of some new approach or offbeat presentation of the information. Then I try to make sure that it would be a valuable tool and little known tip for potential readers.

Try to have some mechanism on your writing to show how many people come in to read your writing. For instance, I found to my surprise that when I wrote about fitness and working out I got a LOT of new readers. So, I write about all sorts of aspects of fitness (from clothes to actual workouts to measuring to getting deals to encouragement) and they get read.

Then get an account on Urbanspoon and start writing restaurant reviews. People Love Them. Go figure but it's fun and does encourage traffic like mad.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:15 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Ok I put it in this way what are the online tools you prefer to use while writing...

How about you?
i am not prefer to support any tools to write an articles, i am Just type articles and post. which is the best options to write an articles and any blogs because if you write your articles it sure to it is 100% unique. if you are not able to writes it than you can use online tools to create an articles marketsamurai.com

Old 08-10-2013, 06:13 AM

Oh, one last thing about writing good articles...ones which people might actually read, here is a great tool: Elements of Style. Good basic writing is ALWAYS a great thing, and I suspect >50% of why people read your drivel. I am always amazed when anyone says they read my blogs, or essays, or comments. I am competing with billions of other people. But I learned good writing in high school and college, and that is what gets me quoted. It does help to write about what makes people curious, but often how you say things becomes what you say. Getting yourself famous for your poor handling of English is not much of a bargain, and nobody's goal.

Last edited by theghostlyform; 08-10-2013 at 06:15 AM. Reason: To keep from ending a sentence with a preposition. Gasp!

Old 08-12-2013, 12:49 AM
Contributing Member

I use google, MS word and write unique content for making an article more interesting and informative, however i used to focus on the main subject of an article. I like to write it precisely.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:03 PM

I usually write an article around keywords using Google Keyword Tool. I avoid keyword planner as it doesn't have enough features.. I think they took out # of searches.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:52 AM

Heh, which tools do I use?

1. Computer
2. Cup
3. Coffee maker

Old 09-22-2013, 12:55 PM
Contributing Member

I take the help of top search engines like Google, Bing in order to do the research work while crafting an article. To ensure that the whole write-up is error-free and grammatically correct, i make good use of grammarly tool.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Contributing Member

Tools that I really need is a notepad and my mood. with a strong mood to write, a piece of paper and a pen is enough to make a masterpiece

Old 09-25-2013, 01:19 AM
No Longer Active

Quote:

How about you?
Quote:
I feel when you require tools to write a post it is like handing over the charge of your blog post to web. If you have a great content you don't need any tool. Because as Shawn said if we rely so much on the outer peripheral of the content the natural pull will vanish.

Keep your content lively with tool or without tool it doesn't really matters. If you have a content of huge respect it is not important you used the tools or not.

Anyways thanks for the Great Insights...
Wait. WUT?

Did you just answer your own question with a different response than you gave us initially?

Old 09-28-2013, 12:20 AM

I usually use the plagiarism checker tool to search out if the article is not written same as any existed one. Secondly not for the whole time but i also use the word density tool to check the density of my keywords. MS office always help me to figure out the grammatical and spelling mistakes.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:25 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I don't use any tool's. I just type away and publish the blog post without worrying about keywords or anything else. I try to not write for the search engines and explain things so the visitors and understand better.
Sounds like a recipe for success to me.

When I walk the dog - and we take nice long walks these days - I like to think about what I'd like to write. Sometimes I just end up crafting a little haiku, sometimes I wish I had a notebook along.

I don't use any tools but my imagination.

If something needs any SEO massage, that's done after the draft is largely finished and then I am likely to be checking to make sure I haven't overused keywords.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:33 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmAlam View Post
I usually use the plagiarism checker tool to search out if the article is not written same as any existed one. Secondly not for the whole time but i also use the word density tool to check the density of my keywords. MS office always help me to figure out the grammatical and spelling mistakes.
Have you ever written a story, checked it and found you had plagiarized someone unknowingly?

That's funny.

Old 10-05-2013, 12:02 AM

Tools one requires to write an article are :
. A good spelling and grammar tool
. An anti-plagiarism tool in your writing toolbox
. Synonym tool
. Word-Processing tool

Old 10-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Banned

i use
lsikeywords.com
google (for idea search and synonym)
gingersoftware.com
smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker
my teeth (for nail biting)

Old 10-06-2013, 04:26 AM
Banned

I am not using any software for writing. I am doing this my self. Some thing i need to spell check for this I will use online websites that help me to find out my spell mistake. Some time I tried to use MS word and Its really Good experience. But I can't relay on it more then this so normally I don't like to try MS Word

Old 10-06-2013, 08:35 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanChappell View Post
Tools one requires to write an article are :
. A good spelling and grammar tool
. An anti-plagiarism tool in your writing toolbox
. Synonym tool
. Word-Processing tool
Why would anyone need that? Surely one knows whether one is stealing copy?

Old 10-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Contributing Member

TextPad
Bloggers built-in post publish
Firefox (spellchecking)

All I really need.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:

How about you?
Well, it depends...

1. For blog posts, forum posts etc. I use notepad, or pen and paper or (most common) I write directly, without any tools.

2. For important stuff as important emails, big articles etc., I use a good grammar book, thesaurus, and dictionary.

3. For most important writing, like sales copy, website content, paid work etc. I use all from #2 + notes from previous research, mind maps, some important books about writing, and other resources, like lists of websites, other people's research etc. I also use some checklists.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web