Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 06-24-2013, 08:40 AM

Question Choosing a good content writter problem !

Perhaps some of you have encountered this delicate problem : How to choose a good content writer?

How did you manage to find a professional person and correct?

What do you think are the main criteria of choice?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 08:59 PM
v7n Mentor

Good question Pamela,

Assuming you are looking on the right websites, it helps to get a sample of writing from a freelancer to see if they have a style that you like and if they can deliver the way you want them to.
I think criteria to look for are if the writer knows a lot about the topics that you want them to write about. Obviously that isn’t always possible so someone that is good at doing research and that can talk about a topic like they do know a lot about it is always a plus.

Best,

Shawn

Old 06-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

To add onto what Shawn has mentioned so far, when you ask them for there previous work, verify it was them who actually wrote it. You can tell by the author name.

ALso read the content to make sure it is not a spun article or they copied and pasted content from other articles to form 1 article. You'd be amazed what people do.

I have some rules for when people write on my blog but they don't read them and I can tell right away and poof, they is banned.

I have never hired writer before but if I did, I would create a listing on freelancer websites to get a few contact's to investigate there work.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:11 AM
Contributing Member

There are various ways to choose a good content writer.
First of all, you need to find and choose an online community where you can get freelancers and hire a writer. I'm sure there's a bunch of online workplace or community of freelancers out there. From there, get to know a freelancer and test his/her skills or skill-set.
Try a few writing tasks to a couple or more freelance writers and compare their work. In this way, you can wisely choose the good content writer that you want.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Contributing Member

This totally depends on the required topic.. Some writers will be marvelous on certain areas but lacks in some other areas (Say, a writers knows well about how football and rugby is played but no idea about Cricket, if someone asks him to write about cricket). So its better to speak to the writer first, asking about his knowledge on the topic you want him to write on.. Also you can find some freelance writers as fiverr where cost will be $5 per article with about 200-300 words.. Hope this will help you..

Old 07-07-2013, 05:13 AM
Contributing Member

Its almost impossible to know if the person is a good content writer if you have not actually read their work. Therefore I strongly recommend that you obtain copies of their work and read it and also check if its not a cut and paste from other sources. Freelancers are a good option if working on different subjects as "JohnASimpleworld" has stated' it gives you an option to choose a writer that is knowledgeable in a field you write about at the time.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web