Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 07-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Contributing Member

How to Write SEO friendly Post Title ?

I often confuse whenever to write a new post,

What will be the effeteness of lengthy post title and short post title in term of SEO,

Which one will be better to help in SERP top position. Should we write lengthy post title to cover more targeted keywords or we it would be better to write short post title ?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 09:11 PM
Contributing Member

repeat your keyword on title, description (2 times), content. Before write content, you should on page then write content and off page your site

Old 07-31-2013, 01:24 AM

Hello Hafeez Ullah Khan ji,
Title of a article is must fresh unique & short Keyword oriented getting better SERP position.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:18 AM
Contributing Member

Make sure that your title will attract the attention of the readers yet related to the content that you've written. You don't need to use keywords on your title. Make it precise yet attractive.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam View Post
repeat your keyword on title, description (2 times), content. Before write content, you should on page then write content and off page your site
If i repeat the keywords in blog title then it will not be penalized because of repetition of keywords

Old 08-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafeez Ullah Khan View Post
If i repeat the keywords in blog title then it will not be penalized because of repetition of keywords
I don't even pay attention when creating titles and don't really add my keywords in there. I will slip them in the blog post itself.

Remember, you is writing for people and not writing for search engines.

This is a good read: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...e-blog-titles/

The blog post below is helpful about the Title question:
http://www.shoutmeloud.com/how-to-wr...ost-title.html

Old 08-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I don't even pay attention when creating titles and don't really add my keywords in there. I will slip them in the blog post itself.

Remember, you is writing for people and not writing for search engines.

This is a good read: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...e-blog-titles/

The blog post below is helpful about the Title question:
http://www.shoutmeloud.com/how-to-wr...ost-title.html
Thanks snakeair's bro you have solved my questions, I would truly appreciate to you that have given some valuable link related to my question. May you live long. See you in my coming question. Thanks to V7N moderators.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Contributing Member

As it is a page title so it should tell main purpose of the page, it should read like a sentence, however, you have limit of 64 characters so don't cross the limit then it would be good, anyway, title more than 64 characters also rank in Google!

Old 08-10-2013, 04:29 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafeez Ullah Khan View Post
I often confuse whenever to write a new post,

What will be the effeteness of lengthy post title and short post title in term of SEO,

Which one will be better to help in SERP top position. Should we write lengthy post title to cover more targeted keywords or we it would be better to write short post title ?
your title should be related to your business and tells the information to your business your title length max 65 to 70 character your targeted keywords also a title

Old 08-14-2013, 06:06 AM

A title must deliver complete meaning of the post you have written. Therefore it is advisable to add keywords in the title so that readers may grab about the context of post by merely reading it. In this reference you may use title of good length of 8 words.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Contributing Member

Whatever you want to say you should consider that even a short post has to be informative.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Contributing Member

I use http://www.aminstitute.com/headline/index.htm to help me with some of my titles. I agree with Snakeair. I don't worry about putting keywords in my titles it can take away from your title. You might have a good title and just because it isn't stuffed with keywords you might not use it.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:12 AM
Contributing Member

Try to write unique title posts for your content pages, even if you add thousands of articles and fresh, original materials to your website, they all should have their very own tile tags which do contain the keywords associated with each page, and yet not looking very artificial. Avoid repeating the same keywords over and over again, this will cause problems with search engines, sometimes not having contents indexed and even the readers will not like reading contents which have lots of repetitive terms without purpose.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:06 AM
Contributing Member

sinple answer to start with is NEVER use someone else's words - they have to be unique or as unique as u can get them

Old 08-16-2013, 12:51 AM
Contributing Member

I think you should stay true to the actual content and make the title more indicative of what the content is about instead of worrying about SEO.

Of course a longer title will allow more keywords but are you really going to go through all of this trouble every time for a title?

Old 08-24-2013, 12:59 AM

Title for SEO post! you mean to say optimized title for a post. Try to use your keywords in the very starting of the title, but keep it meaningful. Try to keep it short. Use question type and numeric type titles like-

How to become more wise?
10 things which can make you wise

These type of title catch more attention.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:36 PM

just write and proofread. make your content flow naturally. write for the readers, not for the robots.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I don't even pay attention when creating titles and don't really add my keywords in there.
Thanks for the great info !!! The attached links helped us.

I believe that just stuffing the content with keywords , instead of writing meaningful content would not help. It better to write good content and try to match some keywords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spygovind View Post
your title should be related to your business and tells the information to your business your title length max 65 to 70 character your targeted keywords also a title
I feel your title should be related to the page content rater than your business. The home page Title can be about the business but the rest of the pages should have titles related to the content.

Last edited by snakeair; 09-04-2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: merged posts - use multi-quote feature

Old 09-04-2013, 11:18 AM

This is easy, the title which best describes the article you are writing without overwhelming the reader. Enough information to make a decision if this is the article or content they are looking for.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:03 AM
Contributing Member

Be sure that your content is interesting that will attract people or make them share it. Your title must also be eye catchy. Everytime they read it they can't leave it without reading everything.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web