Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 04-26-2014, 12:23 AM
Contributing Member

Some question related to copyright content

Hi all i just create a blog with adsense. Now i have few questions related to copyright

Suppuse i purchase a unique contect and i publish on my blog after few days some people stole my content and they publish on there web.

Then will my content will dupicate content? and then adsense will ban me?

2nd question is that i want post image of some celebrity. How i know which image is copyright protected or which now?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-27-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrigtrishna View Post
1. If someone stole your content and post the same on their own website than you will not get banned by Adsense because Google Bots are aware that it was your website on which the unique content appeared first. Other websites will get penalized by Google to copy your unique content.

2. You can use Advance Google Search for searching royalty free images of celebrities to post on your website.
Bad advice.

1. Google USUALLY knows who posted the content first, but not always. Make sure you are using Google Webmaster Tools and that the pages are indexed - this will help you prove your case to Google if they decide that the other site published first.

2. Celebrity photos can easily get you into trouble. Historically you could use one in an editorial or news item (assuming the photographer has released the rights), but not in anything considered "commercial" without the consent of the celebrity, but a court decision in 2012 changed that, and now the law is not so clear. Celebrities have been suing people for using their images in editorials.

If you really need pics of celebrities, find a highly reputable source to purchase them from - this should minimize your risk.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:09 AM
Contributing Member

About your first question I totally agree with Katt.

One the second, I suggest you try using Google's search for images and the search tools - usage rights. That way you can find an image, which most likely won't get you in to trouble.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:29 PM
Contributing Member

The first is answer is, I agree with katt, because Google crawler know which post is publish first and which is later and when you find some one stole your content you can complain to Google for it.
on the other hand, just go to Google image download it. and resize the image and when you upload it on your site then change the alt text according to your post. I also use this method. but I also do changes in image.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areesha Noor View Post
on the other hand, just go to Google image download it. and resize the image and when you upload it on your site then change the alt text according to your post. I also use this method. but I also do changes in image.
Changing the image might make it harder for the copyright holder (or celebrity) to find, but it doesn't make it legal.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrigtrishna View Post
Doesn't the date and time stamp on the blog which was posted first enough to prove to Google?
Published on blogger, yes it probably would (altho I would still want it indexed first if I was that worried about someone stealing it).

But OP didn't say it was on blogger.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:16 AM

Simple; Who publish any content first is the owner of that so duplicator is the second one. to avoid copy right issue make some changes in the image using photo shop or any other software...

Old 05-14-2014, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda2 View Post
Simple; Who publish any content first is the owner of that so duplicator is the second one. to avoid copy right issue make some changes in the image using photo shop or any other software...
Changing a copyrighted image does not remove the copyright. It is still a copyrighted image no matter what you do to it. It might make it harder for the copyright owner to find it, but if they do find it, they can still sue you.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread