Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 07-21-2014, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by programming1233 View Post
I have a question.. I write content and think that it can go viral but when I share it on facebook or other sites it hardly receives traffic.. What should I do..
Sharing content on facebook won't give you that much traffic. The content will be shown to just your friends/followers so it's not getting you new traffic. I find it best to purchase FB advertising when I want to get targeted traffic to a blog post.

When a blog post goes viral it means when you send it to the social networks, your friends/followrs then resend it to there followers then there followers do the same. BAMMM.... the blog post is going viral.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-22-2014, 02:42 AM

Thank you for your reply snakeair. I will definetly look forward to what you suggest.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:14 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JForsberg View Post

Take a look at the movie "How animals eat their food". It's absolutely hilarious, and has well over 100 million views.
Hmm.. I don't find that funny.
In fact when I watch the video, the first thing that comes to my mind is :
"Don't you head feel the pain?"

But indeed that video is successful.

Any other way to create viral traffic is to offer something in your post. Let "like"your post to download your offer (could be ebook, products, coaching etc)

Last edited by snakeair; 07-26-2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: merged posts - use edit feature

Old 08-05-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Sharing content on facebook won't give you that much traffic. The content will be shown to just your friends/followers so it's not getting you new traffic. I find it best to purchase FB advertising when I want to get targeted traffic to a blog post.

When a blog post goes viral it means when you send it to the social networks, your friends/followrs then resend it to there followers then there followers do the same. BAMMM.... the blog post is going viral.
You're right, lately a lot of people have the "easy choice" to go through social networks to make their business work, but it's not easy like that. Of course that Internet is the most viral way to share a content, but I think it really depends on how you work with it and to share it with your target market.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web