Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 05-16-2014, 12:15 AM

Smile What is the best way to create a Viral Post?

Now days conventional SEO methods are not that effective as they used to be. Content is considered to be the main factor to drive in good number of traffic on your website. With social media evolving everyday even the competition in creating a highly viral content becomes important.

So what are the tips to create such viral or sharable contents for your corporate or personal blog?

Give some input and tips about viral posts.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-16-2014, 05:54 AM
Contributing Member

Wow, there's a lot of ways. Usually what I see on content gone viral, is that all of them triggers some emotion in people. Just an example, did you hear about the Danish 'Voteman' campaign? That went viral pretty fast, and caused both outrage to some, and a lot of laughter to others. Personally, I laughed.

Take a look at the movie "How animals eat their food". It's absolutely hilarious, and has well over 100 million views.

Another way, probably less effective but nevertheless, provide people some information they need, but give them just enough to keep them hooked and wanting more. Then offer the rest if they like, share, tweet or whatever your page. That could potentially cause a snowball effect, where people see the share, click it and then share to get the rest.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:04 PM

Google trends is a good source of inspiration for finding trending content that could go viral.

Although as with any quality content you're going to have to add your own value/spin to a topic and not just re-hash what someone else has said.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:49 AM
Contributing Member

I agree with Drepal. Creating a content is not a rocket science but to make it viral is really tough. So only latest and trendy topics will make your content viral.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:23 AM
Contributing Member

Hi,

Some people are looking solutions for their problems, other need to be more educated ...

really it depends on the niche that you are on

like if you are an affiliate marketer you could write a review pages about the products

For Your Success !

Old 05-29-2014, 08:24 AM
Contributing Member

What I experienced & noticed that most of viral content have few common things

1) emotions attached or emotional
2) need of product
3) Unique
4) Hilarious
5) Never seen before
6) very short or very detailed
7) targets large no of audiences.
last but not least some blockbuster music

Ready to hear your views what you think guys.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:01 PM
Contributing Member

It is very difficult to create a viral post. You can have this amazing creating but to get it viral you need something more. For one, following the trend with your own touch can get it viral.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Contributing Member

A viral post is kind of like lightning in a bottle. It takes good content and luck. A friend of mine had a youtube video that had virtually no views for about 4 months. Then one day it shot through the roof and went into the millions of views. He hasn't been able to repeat that since. I think it's content, entertainment (whether funny or emotional or even educational) and luck.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:40 AM

Viral content is easy, just create something that is easy to understand, extremely entertaining, and easy to share.

This is why "demotivational" posts and cat pictures own the Interwebs. They are simple to understand and easy to share via social media. Humor is a great vehicle for emotion, but fear is even better.

So pick an emotion that's key to your main message - either fear or humor - and figure out a simple way to share it with the world. You'll also probably want to spend a few bucks in "seeding" it with viewers, but if the content is clever, your "viral" content will become the latest "Facebook" infection.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:14 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsrweapons View Post
Viral content is easy, just create something that is easy to understand, extremely entertaining, and easy to share.

This is why "demotivational" posts and cat pictures own the Interwebs. They are simple to understand and easy to share via social media. Humor is a great vehicle for emotion, but fear is even better.

So pick an emotion that's key to your main message - either fear or humor - and figure out a simple way to share it with the world. You'll also probably want to spend a few bucks in "seeding" it with viewers, but if the content is clever, your "viral" content will become the latest "Facebook" infection.
Great tips about Viral content. truly, anything that is either very useful in the material world OR is very heart touching in the emotional world, goes viral!

Old 06-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Contributing Member

A viral post means a unique and interesting posts which readers want to read and not posted on any other blog. One can create a unique post only by a lot of search on Google because there is a very high competition these days. Every good thing to be done needs some hardwork. You can post on the latest hot topics by keeping you sharp eyes on everyday's hot affairs. Well, Google Trends is the best way to get latest topics to blog on.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:04 AM
Banned

In the past years, I have learnt one thing that nothing can be made viral with efforts.

Many people here way that if you do quality then your post will be viral, in my case that is not true, you create what every you do just focus on marketing, do long term efforts to market your post.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:17 AM
Contributing Member

Maybe this link can help you out regarding on how you go viral. I say something witty and cleaver video/post will make you go viral, but then again, the audience will decide if your post will go viral.

Quote:
"You can't make something go viral. You don't decide, I don't decide, the audience does. "

http://www.fastcompany.com/1844017/w...and-how-fix-it

Old 06-24-2014, 02:35 AM
Contributing Member

You can use Social Media Marketing techniques to gain virality for your content. Also focus on current topics and originate fresh content.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:19 AM
Contributing Member

Viral content generally has to be contradicting within the subject chosen to discuss. Or it has to be an issue that creates participation in mass. It can be common interest topics, like weight loss or making more money.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:28 AM
Contributing Member

But, there is no certain forum for creating viral posts. Even the creaters of such posts had no clue at the time of writing that their posts would go viral

Old 07-11-2014, 11:34 PM
Contributing Member

The best ways to write a viral content:
*Start with the problem or the idea you will write about "come up with a keyword".
*Ask yourself the questions which are related to the keyword and which your targeted readers will ask when they come to read your article.
*Write the article and cover all questions and their answers.
*Make your article easy to understand.
*Add important images and videos related to the topic of the article and which will add value to your article.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:17 AM
Banned

the best way to make your post viral make your post more funny as much as you can & then you will see the result, People now a days need enjoyment so they attract with comedy or funny type of stuffs.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Contributing Member

It takes playful minds and a lot of wit to come up with a viral post.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:55 PM

I have a question.. I write content and think that it can go viral but when I share it on facebook or other sites it hardly receives traffic.. What should I do..

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web