Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 11-14-2014, 07:47 AM

Writing propper first contact email

Since it's a B2B product I'm offering what would be the best way for direct first email contact!?

I'd like to avoid be labeled as spam :-)

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-14-2014, 02:58 PM

Offer them something of tremendous value that can help them immediately... for free.

Don't send a link in your first email. That screams "spam"

Talk to them like you're having a friendly conversation. Be conversational, don't be boooring as hell.

If they find value in your free help, you can open up the conversation to your services. That's when you can pitch the offer.

Also, don't start the email talking about yourself.

Immediately get into talking about THEM.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainu011 View Post
Since it's a B2B product I'm offering what would be the best way for direct first email contact!?

I would call the business first and ask to speak to the person who has the authority to purchase your product. Speak to them first then ask if you can email some further information. I don't know how many emails (but a lot) I have dumped or reported for spam because they didn't ask first if I would be interested or didn't read the instructions on my contact pages if I would even be interested in hearing from your type of business.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainu011 View Post

Any time you send an email to someone you don't know, who hasn't agreed to receive it, It is SPAM. I don't waste my time reading 99% of them that aren't listed as a contact.

I have better things to do with my time than read your ads.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:31 AM

Quote:
I would call the business first and ask to speak to the person who has the authority to purchase your product.
A fair thing to start with...thanks.

Quote:
I don't waste my time reading 99% of them that aren't listed as a contact.
I'd read your add for sure :-) I have to say 99% of mails I do read. At least first 2-3 sentences. And if I don't find value in them delete.
Learned early on missing some nice opportunities by not reading. Different experiences.

That's why I'm wondering is it better to get down to business, ask as mentioned above, o give praise to their work and then get to businesses.

Anyway, the idea is really how to convey an appropriate message to the websites I do believe would benefit from my offer.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmahar View Post
Offer them something of tremendous value that can help them immediately... for free.

Don't send a link in your first email. That screams "spam"

Talk to them like you're having a friendly conversation. Be conversational, don't be boooring as hell.

If they find value in your free help, you can open up the conversation to your services. That's when you can pitch the offer.

Also, don't start the email talking about yourself.

Immediately get into talking about THEM.
This set of tips should be your guide. Don't be spammy, be genuine.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:21 AM
Contributing Member

conversation should be start in delighted mood don't make it bore.

Don't make it too long which waste the time other conversation should be short but meaningful which make the sense clear.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:32 PM

Your Subject should be appealing but not lying about the content. Try to mention their name already in the subject. Put call to action in P.S. at the end of the email. And your contacts bellow. Start should be interesting and bright, them a short description. Write in such manner as they will lose something if not going on with the conversation. Also a good way is to ask them a question. In subject or in the P.S. or in the start of an email. That always gets them on their toes. For example with an answer about their pain you are able to solve with your solution.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:21 PM

Following the methods above will certainly help other servers from labeling you as junk or spam. Ultimately, however, it is up to the receiving server how it labels you. The best bet is to have the people whom you email all the time set you as 'not spam' on their side.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:01 AM
Contributing Member

queries option should be mentioned at the end if any one want to know any solution of any problem that can contact though that box.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:28 AM

You should let people come to you. If you have something that is interesting enough, they will eventually come to you. Do not go out there and scream “BUY NOW, CLICK HERE” that only chases people away. Instead, make sure that you go out there and give them a reason to seek more information.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:19 AM
Contributing Member

- Watch your Subject and greeting. Labeling your message with a real name and addressing the receiver by their name is probably a good idea.
- Don't sell right off the bat.
- Offer an idea, a service, which might help them solve a problem of theirs. See, if they're interested and offer to provide more details. No links at this point. Just a conversation.
- Don't write a long letter. People don't have time for those.
- Offer a nice freebie with your first email (this might actually work): a useful guide, report, etc.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:49 AM
Contributing Member

Try not to be selling something, greeting your clients and try not mention free in your subject line as use of free will eventually land you in the spam box. Try to focus on telling benefits about your products and services

Old 03-13-2015, 09:39 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I would call the business first and ask to speak to the person who has the authority to purchase your product. Speak to them first then ask if you can email some further information.
Great advice! I usually skip emails from unknown senders. And imagine how many such emails your potential partners may receive.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:02 PM
Contributing Member

Only send email to relevant contacts; just think if you will be at the place of receiver, what your reaction will be about such an email. Most of the people just decide to open or trash an email based on subject. Optimize your subject to get good engagements.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:16 PM

Keep it brief. No more than 3 or 4 sentences, and make it like a question of some sort. Usually asking to contact them about something specific that will be easy for them to say yes to. Also make it clear you know who and what they do.

eg. Hi David, I noticed what you said on your LinkedIn about social networks. I'm writing an article on this subject, may I send it to you when I've finished?

This then starts a dialogue for longer conversations

Old 05-16-2015, 01:07 PM
Contributing Member

Be polite, avoid links and direct offers. The letter shouldn't be very long,don't be annoying.
Neutral appropriate humor is welcomed.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web