Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 05-16-2015, 12:04 PM

How Quickly Can You Write Quality Articles

Today I did my personal best of three 600 word articles. I have learnt that reading research at the same time as writing is the best way. Rather than doing lots of research first then writing. I just pick a title, do a google search and start writing.

I'm now about 3 times quicker and still writing professional grade material. i could do more but my quality would not be acceptable.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-17-2015, 03:38 AM
Contributing Member

i also do same. just take title and then start search and many time i get lot of more topic to write during search.
This is very helpful and i have done lot of article writing work on sites and many of them are ever green posts. so keep writing is good skill and polish

Old 05-17-2015, 08:11 AM
Contributing Member

Since English is not our first language, it's really hard to write an article with proper grammar.
Try to read some quality articles from quality sites and get to know their writing style.
Don't publish your article as soon as you finish, Instead double check your article on next day and I'm 100% sure that you will find some spelling mistakes.
After that put your whole article into GRAMMARLY software and it will correct some of your mistakes...
Now you can publish your article..!
This is how I do..

Old 05-17-2015, 03:31 PM

Yes, practice makes perfect. I think the main thing is to write all day everyday! It is then satisfying to see your progress improve. Discipline
[Removed]

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 05-17-2015 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Removed fake signature.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:07 AM

Depends on the experience.
When you've been writing for a long time, your body remmebers means to develeop writing automatically.
Especially when considering that articles are the lowest difficulty when compared than "high art".

Old 05-19-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave Solstice View Post
Depends on the experience.
When you've been writing for a long time, your body remmebers means to develeop writing automatically.
Especially when considering that articles are the lowest difficulty when compared than "high art".
I know what you mean, when it comes to articles they almost write themselves.

I find that reading good quality literature helps my article writing from becoming the same. It's good to see perfect grammar, well written sentences with interesting vocabulary.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:09 AM

If you want to write quickly you need to develop your imagination, the ability to quickly print and vocabulary.

Old 05-26-2015, 02:57 PM
Contributing Member

Maybe it's a lack of experience but my speed completely depends on quality of the article. So I always have to choose between time and quality. It takes about an hour for me to write an appropriate 1000 words article.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:54 PM
Contributing Member

Article writing is an art. We cannot learn by just reading, reading and reading. The more we practice we will get more perfect.

Old 05-27-2015, 04:42 AM
Contributing Member

It is true, quality writing is very important. Then you need to polish the sentences and remove grammatically errors. The content should be informative, unique and interesting.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:36 AM

It would take me about 30 mins to write an article of around 500 words, then a further 30 mins to edit it.

I always like to spend about 2-3 hours researching topics so I've got a few to write about, if you do it that way, once you're in the mood for researching it tends to come a lot easier, but overall I like to spend as much time as possible on each article to ensure it's written to the best it can be.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:12 PM
Banned

It takes for me about 1 hour to write a quality article 300-500 words. Based on the subject and topic.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:49 AM
Contributing Member

It took me around 2 hours to write 500 words article .
I think i need to increase my content writing speed .

Old 06-27-2015, 11:59 AM

i am a good writer but i have been trying to write article on hubpages but every time they refuse to publish it. it so frustrating. their standard is too high for normal writer

Old 06-29-2015, 02:22 AM

Hi,
Article writing is not an easy task ,First you have to decide a topic then research on it and after that in your own words/ideas you have to write. Your mind should be innovative because continuously you have to think

Old 06-30-2015, 03:20 AM
Contributing Member

I write 500 words article in an hour, tops, depending on a subject and how deep I want to go into it. In time you just get faster, because in time you adopt certain patterns and you already have a vision of an end result.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:44 AM

based on how quickly absorb the topic details is key to write any article...Keep on writing you will get quality what u wrote but do with utmost dedication

Old 07-30-2015, 06:37 PM

I think that it is going to depend on the topic and how long each article is going to be. I make a living out of writing and am able to do this full time from home during nap times and at night for my kids, so I am pretty fast at the work that I do. I can easily get 10 high quality articles of about 400 words done in an afternoon and I have done eBooks of almost 20,000 in a day. I am good at my work and since I can go fast in this time, typing well over 100 words per minute, it does not really take me all that long in order to get out the articles and the eBooks, as well as other materials, that my clients are needing. Of course, this is all going to vary depending on how fast you are as a typist, if you have English as your native language, and how quickly you are able to research. Here are some of the tips that I would suggest in order to get a bit faster.

Learn to type faster

First, spend some time learning how to type more words per minute. This is going to be your greatest ally if you want to see some success. If you are a slow typist, there is no way that you are going to be able to get quality materials out in a reasonable time to your clients and it is probably not worth your time to be in this profession in the first place. I have been in love with writing and typing all of my life and have been doing freelance writing for almost three years now. This has allowed me to get faster than I was before and that has helped me to do well with my career choice.

Learn how to read faster

This might not seem to have much to do with how well you will be able to type, but if you spend an hour reading through an article in the hopes of figuring out what to write, that is going to slow down your time. For the most part, I am able to read a sentence while typing it out, making it completely unique in the process, all at the same time. There is rarely a drag time between the typing and the reading, unless it is really complex material such as medical records or something deep in law. This allows me to get things done quickly without a lot of wasted time. I would take a bit of time to learn how to do this, or at least practice so you are able to keep up.

Find good sources

I used to waste a lot of time looking for some good sources to use. Now I have found some ways to make the process faster. I write on a lot of the same topics so I know the websites that are good. I also like to use other books, like what is found on Amazon and make them better and unique in order to please the client. If you know where some good sources are located, this will speed up the process.

Do an outline in your head

I never start an outline of an article or another project without having some kind of outline in my head. This allows me to be ready for the next section and to make sure that the paper is going to stay on topic. Sometimes the source that you use is going to go off in a tangent somewhere, but when you have the outline prepared, you can get back on track and find the information that is relevant to your cause. This will save a lot of time when it comes to edits because you will not discuss things that do not interest your client at all.

Fill in what you know

I write about a lot of the same topics over and over again so I have been able to remember the information between projects and write it out in a different wording each time. I usually work in health and fitness so writing out the reasons that exercise is so good for you does not really require me to go out and do more research. This helps to speed things up a bit as well since I do not have to read through information or even find it any longer.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:02 PM

Is there a minimum wording we have to achieved for the article? I noticed most of you mentioned 500 or 600 words...

Old 08-19-2015, 01:37 AM
Contributing Member

For writing a 600 word quality article it will take atleast 2-3 hours as you have to search and read about the topic then will take up writing.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread