Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 12-14-2015, 09:46 AM
Contributing Member

Here are some writing tips.

- Write shorter
- Shorten your sentences
- Rewrite passive voice.
- Eliminate weasel words
- Use “I,” “we,” and “you.”
- Cite examples
- Replace jargon with clarity

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-15-2015, 06:02 AM
Contributing Member

Well writing Compelling content is the significant part of SEO. But You must Insert Primary and Secondary keyword in your content. And don't forget to use LSI keywords. Indeed this can help you out to get more and more traffic form major search engines.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:00 AM
Contributing Member

for a good writer i suggest you to read read and just read before writing anything you have to get a lot of knowledge about your words so you will be a successful writer in this way.

Old 01-19-2016, 05:10 AM
Contributing Member

While creating content for my blog I use one simple but effective rule: write shorter! I'm trying to shorten every single sentence as far as I can.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:45 AM

I've actually had opportunity to compile a list of writing tips (ironically, for a company that creates content but outsourced the work to me):

1. Some write best with music or noise in the background, some need absolute silence. Find the best environment for you.
2. Make sure your writing is a priority and not an afterthought
3. Once your article is high quality, start working on the next one. Don’t endlessly rewrite or look to improve it.
4. Sometimes it helps to get a feel for your article by reading it out loud to yourself.
5. Don’t be worried with the article’s quality during the first draft. That’s why you edit things.
6. Don’t use “and” at the beginning of a sentence. Replace it with “in addition” or “furthermore”.
7. Start a new sentence or paragraph before stopping writing for the day, so you’ll have where to pick up from the next day.
8. If you’re writing isn’t going well, there’s nothing wrong with not writing until you get your muse back.
9. Read articles on the subject you’re writing about, for inspiration and to get the creative juices flowing.
10. Getting an outside opinion is never a bad thing.
11. Set yourself some goals. Words per day, articles you will write, but set some goals, and stick to them.
12. Know what conclusion you want to reach before you begin writing.
13. Make sure the premise of your article is clearly understood.
14. Be concise when writing, there’s no need to elaborate unnecessarily.
15. When editing, read your work one sentence at a time.
16. Don’t get distracted looking for research. Leave a place mark and keep writing, you can always come back to it later.
17. Don’t speed read while editing.
18. Make sure your arguments have the proper foundation.
19. Never assume the reader knows what you are talking about.
20. Don’t use the word “Very” to describe something unless you absolutely must.
21. Take your old blog posts and turn them into a downloadable eBook. Instant conversion incentive for your users.
22. Do you know what your content strategy is? Write out a plan before you begin creating content.
23. Type of posts most likely to get social shares: "How to" posts, lists, quizzes and "Why" posts.
24. Blog regularly. Your blog is your presence on the internet, how your users get to know you.
25. Make all of your content shareable in order to increase your web visibility.
26. Focus on long-tail keywords to capture the segment most relevant to you.
27. Do you have a mission statement? A mission statement is a must for the effective marketer.
28. Create a series of blog posts in order to keep users coming back to your blog.
29. Keep a close eye on which of your keywords are performing better, and promote those.
30. Remember, your users always come first. You create content for them, not for yourself.
31. Create articles that are not time sensitive, so they’ll stay relevant for years to come.
32. Facebook and YouTube are two of the internet’s top three visited sites, showing that the internet is driven by content.
33. One of the best forms of content is opinion-forming content. What do you have to say?
34. Infographics are the perfect companion to a well-written piece of marketing content.
35. Find your sweet spot – Articles that are not too short, not too long, but are just right!
36. Turn your sent emails into successful blog posts
37. Your first post should always answer the simplest questions about your topic.
38. You want to reach the top, but until you do, make a list of the top people in your field to follow.
39. Stay up to date – reference current events and big changes in the industry you’re writing about.
40. Relate your content to popular TV shows and movies to get the point across easier.

Old 02-18-2016, 11:01 PM
Contributing Member

Some points on which you want to focus while writing like
1. You have full knowledge of that topic which you write.
2. You have excellent communication demand so that your article is quite impressive.
3. Make sure that your article is 100% unique and informative.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:36 AM
Contributing Member

For me, It's only Practice & Practice.

Though you can get a hell lot of information on google, look for the one that suits you best.

Just one pro tip - Writing is a focused game. we all have that " Special time" when we feel like I can write 3000 words now. I mean, I have more energy to write in the morning. So I do most of my writing between 8 to 11 AM. After that I do something else related to my work.

Find out when you have to most energy and motivation to write and you will be signing like a sun. All the best. Hope it helps.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel123 View Post
Ok, thanx! But what to use for cheking the style. Not native speakers (as me) often use long sentences to describe something, you know?! So I need some source to follow advices how to write.

For ex. John is a good man so because of that people love them.

Shorter way: People love John. He is a good man. And he know that.

Huge difference. :-)

Sources

I write fast with spellcheker off. Sorry about tipfelers.

Ppl love him not love them. :-) John I mean. :-)
You can go on some writing forum (absolutewrite, wordreference...) and ask questions about exact issues you may have. This way you can slowly learn to correct common mistakes.

Next, show some article to a native English speaker who is interested in the topic or has some professional knowledge about it. Then listen what he/she says you can change.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:19 AM
Contributing Member

Writing is a skill; there is a set of guidelines if you want to become adept and skillful in writing:

1. Research - you need to list down good article references
2. Grammar - needless to say, but this is the most important factor to be able to convey your ideas and information to readers.
3. Sentence structure - verb tenses, subject-verb agreement etc. (You have to at least know the basic concepts to write effectively).
4. Rewriting or editing - you need to have a keen eye for details.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:24 AM
Banned

My writing tips are:

1. I learn for the topic that I want to write for about a day, watch videos, read articles.
2. I start to write on midnight where everything is quiet.
3. I listen to relaxing music while I write (It's very relaxing).

Old 06-27-2016, 03:52 AM

The key to writing a good article is the headline. If you have a catchy headline you will get more people reading your article. Some good headlines include

How to headlines e.g How to [Do Something] in 5 Minutes
List headlines e,g 7 Steps to [Objective]
Bonus headline e.g [Question/Problem] Here's How to Fix It

Also make sure you include images in your article.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:02 AM

Since English is not my mother tongue, I was not good at writing posts.

But, now I use Grammarly chrome extension and it really helps me a lot.

Do not multitask when you are writing, turn off social notifications and any other distractions.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:36 AM
Contributing Member

There are three key ingredients of a quality article namely,
1. information
2. readability and
3. structure

The quality of the information depends on several factors such as your ability to research the topic thoroughly, form a personal opinion about the topic on the basis of your past experience and available reliable and relevant information.

Readability is the second most important component of a good quality article because it provides the convenience of reading to the readers. Readers are most likely to stop reading an article midway if it's hard to read. There are several things you can do to improve readability.
1. use short sentences
2. use easy to understand words (avoid using uncommon slangs, phrasal verbs, idioms etc)
3. use easy to read font
4. avoid making grammatical mistakes

You can use Grammarly to avoid some of the grammatical mistakes. Similarly, you can use Hemingway app to improve the readability score of your article.

Finally, the structure provides readers the convenience of moving from one topic to another. Introduction, body, and conclusion are the three key components of a well-structured article. Moreover, listing the key information using bullets or numbers will strengthen the structure of your article.

Old 07-23-2016, 03:56 AM

If you are a non English speaking person then writing is the though process for you. You can improve your writing skill by writing many article for your blog.

This Neil Patel's Tips I follow

1. First Write Introduction and Conclusion
2. Second Write Sub titles (3 or above)

This above tips will improve the focus of your article writing.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread