Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 01-19-2016, 03:06 AM

Question Is my writing too boring?

Hi there

I've just started writing for a blog on project management but looking at it now I'm a bit worried my writing is a bit boring although it does give the SIMPLE facts which is the purpose. Any feedback from the community appreciated.

site is called worldprojectpro dot com

Thanks
Mark

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-19-2016, 03:43 AM
Contributing Member

Hi Mark,
I don't find your writing boring or below average. The topics like project management require you to share simple facts rather than cracking jokes. If you are sharing informative content with your audience, you can significantly improve the level of engagement.

I am sure your targeted audience is interested in learning things that can help them get success in their area of work. So don't worry about other things if you believe you are sharing informative facts.

thanks
Sunil

Old 01-19-2016, 04:29 AM
Contributing Member

Hi,

As far as I can judge you website content is not boring. But I'd better add some media like youtube videos, photos, infographics etc. etc.

Old 01-19-2016, 05:30 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkToro View Post
Hi there

I've just started writing for a blog on project management but looking at it now I'm a bit worried my writing is a bit boring although it does give the SIMPLE facts which is the purpose. Any feedback from the community appreciated.

Thanks
Mark
The content doesn`t seem boring, it looks above average. The only boring thing is the presentation of it. Maybe you should search for a different template because this one looks a bit communist (all the pages are the same and they are bland)
Also, form my end, the page seems to take long to load.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:57 AM

Thanks for the feedback on my site. These are good things to take into account as I move forward with it.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:50 AM

The content isn't boring, but even if it is, ask yourself two questions:

1) Are you comfortable writing in this style?
2) Is your content having the desired effect/result (creating conversions/sales/whatever)?

If the answer to both these questions is yes, then leave it the way it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:24 AM

It looks great, not boring at all I say.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:51 PM
Banned

Absolutely no, it's not boring. In times like this, you just have to ask yourself, does this kind of writing accomplishes your goals?

Old 02-13-2016, 12:40 AM
Contributing Member

Not at all, infact your articles are superb. But make sure that you post your articles with unique content.

Old 02-16-2016, 12:43 AM
Contributing Member

I just read your blog nice to hear from, any way google accepts content which is unique. but need to work on your theme as it is outdated.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:29 AM
Contributing Member

I like your articles. The thing which i don't like is your boring theme. I would recommend genesis framework + genesis child theme.

Your theme does not looks modern.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:10 AM

Hmmmm, I have to say I found nothing wrong/boring about your writing. And I think it is normal for a content creator to be critical about his work.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback on my site. These are good things to take into account as I move forward with it.
I like your writing but not a lot. You need to improve more to make the blogs visitors eager to read your next article. I found 2 blog post that will help you become a better writer.

http://www.shoutmeloud.com/how-to-wr...r-readers.html

and

http://www.shoutmeloud.com/how-to-wr...r-readers.html

Old 02-21-2016, 09:11 AM
Contributing Member

^^Can't access the link ;-)

@TS Looks good...

Old 03-02-2016, 03:28 AM
Contributing Member

Your articles are good, very informative, but I think you need to do some SEO if you want to really get things going.

Old 03-04-2016, 05:00 AM
Contributing Member

your content is intresting but your theme takes away the charm. use some good responsive theme like genesis or swift theme. these themes are plug and play theme for free version also.

Old 03-07-2016, 03:06 AM

certainly not. your blogging is not boring at all. I am not sure why you are having anxiety about your blogging. I would suggest to have some images to make it more interesting.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:23 PM
Contributing Member

Am i boring with my articles

Quote:
Hi there

Thanks
Mark
Im a writer from my teenage days, the skill was inherit in me that i feel every-time rather than practicing something. I cannot say your article is too boring, but critically speaking - it is very simple, of-course technical documents bores people, but you need to present in your own voice by grabbing knowledge from the references. I can feel that - it is very simple, what is the difference between your content and some body else, when you write something your readers should feel it as interesting when they read some thing. But you have done good job i cant deny it.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

I've heard this phrase a lot online. You get better at writing by continually writing from the heart.

I don't get it either but sometimes when I post on forums or in blog comments I say what is actually on my mind and forget that it might hurt someones feelings but it's the honest truth. Yup, sometimes my brain get's me in trouble but I type what comes to my mind right away and don't try to think for a few minutes before typing.

Get it all out in a post or article then constantly review every sentence and make any edit's that will only improve the article itself before you publish it live. Could take a few hours of reading it over and over again making tiny changes but the long wait will pay off when you have an epic article. Every few months I rewrite all my blog pages I created because well, I make grammar mistakes and mostly do to a condition I have and that's why I have to constantly review my important blog pages to try to make them better or just update out-dated information. I don't hire people, I do all the writing myself, the coding and theme tweak's. I live and Die because of my decisions on my blog.

Last edited by snakeair; 03-25-2016 at 06:57 PM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread