Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-07-2016, 06:58 PM

Is copywriting really that hard?

Theres people from India who can barely speak correct english making money in copywriting. Hows this possible if copywriting is so difficult? Or are these people writing cheap low quality articles.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2016, 03:28 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjunkcars View Post
Theres people from India who can barely speak correct english making money in copywriting. Hows this possible if copywriting is so difficult? Or are these people writing cheap low quality articles.
I really want to see those people who don`t know how to write and are making money with copywriting.
I mean....I know that some people prefer a low price over quality, but who will pay for an article that is poorly written?

And asking if copywriting is hard or not depends on each person.
For example, I hate to do copywriting, I find it easier to write code, but that doesn`t mean that programming is in any way easier than writing some article.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCFGrizzly View Post
I really want to see those people who don`t know how to write and are making money with copywriting.
I mean....I know that some people prefer a low price over quality, but who will pay for an article that is poorly written?

And asking if copywriting is hard or not depends on each person.
For example, I hate to do copywriting, I find it easier to write code, but that doesn`t mean that programming is in any way easier than writing some article.
I agree with you Grizzly that no one is going to accept a poorly drafted article for his/her website.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Or are these people writing cheap low quality articles.
Most likely. But that doesn't stop them from making money since there are people who actually believe $5 for a 500-word article is "plenty."

Old 03-09-2016, 07:06 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Writing is not my passion, so for me its YES...copywriting is hard.

I have many things to write and end up nothing.

Here, if you do not know how to write then don't do it. Go to your expertise that you can earn $$.

Old 03-11-2016, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

The people who live in different countries who write very well in English did not always have this gift. It takes time to learn the English language and how to get your point across in a quality article.

Harsh from shoutmeloud didn't have this gift when he started, over time he got good at writing and he makes a good living from his blog.

A good read: http://www.shoutmeloud.com/tools-to-...-bloggers.html

Another good read: http://www.shoutmeloud.com/why-caree...-in-india.html

Old 03-17-2016, 02:20 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I also agree with you and it can't be possible.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:50 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Lightbulb Is copy-writing really that hard?

Dear Friend, there is no easy job exists in the world with high pay. Copy writing can be easy if you need to copy as it is? But, dude "without altering the meaning, conveying the things to people in the easy manner is a hard task.

But we are not here to throw stones on some other nation for offering low service prices. As we know, most of the Indian IT industry provides its services with far less prices than any other nation, it doesn't mean that Indians has less quality. Most of the western nations were applauding the smart works of Indians.

I request you to look for the firms that can give excellent copy writing services instead of getting disappointed. Check the portfolio of company and then decide to partner with or not.

Writing is the only creative thing which cannot be copied from the other person.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:13 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
The people who live in different countries who write very well in English did not always have this gift. It takes time to learn the English language and how to get your point across in a quality article.

Harsh from shoutmeloud didn't have this gift when he started, over time he got good at writing and he makes a good living from his blog.

A good read: http://www.shoutmeloud.com/tools-to-...-bloggers.html

Another good read: http://www.shoutmeloud.com/why-caree...-in-india.html
I like his style of writing. Nevertheless I saw at least 4 grammar mistakes in his article and he is a good writer.
This is why I think it`s better to just hire a professional writer and just focus on the other parts of your business.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:34 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I write in my free time and get paid handsomely for it. It's not hard but if people are still willing to read crappy writing then good for them

Old 03-21-2016, 01:52 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Literature is hard and it always unless you master it. For Learning english or any language you have to give time. Many people they just go with the live and take care of the things that are more important. Many tourist guide who don't know the lanugae master it soon as it is the root of thier earning or living. Similar if you are a copyrighter you will get into it and the tough things go soft for you.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:33 AM

I think that copywriting is hard and low paid work. I don't know how much copywriters have abroad ,but here in Ukraine copywriters have 1$ per thousand symbols.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Carlson View Post
I think that copywriting is hard and low paid work. I don't know how much copywriters have abroad ,but here in Ukraine copywriters have 1$ per thousand symbols.
The good copywriters who are expects in this field that make a lot of money know what they are doing and don't give cheap rates because they can backup there skills.

People who charge a few cents a word are not real copywriters, no one will charge that low to write quality article that could take them a few hours or a day to write. There is research that has to be done before you begin writing.

I found this service below in Google. They don't sound like that will write for cheap from reading the pitch page.

http://www.aimiable.com/copywriting-service/

Old 04-18-2016, 06:52 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Writing is easy for me. But you can tell when there's someone who doesn't speak the native language because the writing comes out strange.

Why would people pay for that when they can do it themselves?

Or just hire someone who speaks better English. You might pay a few more bucks, but at least you don't have to edit or rewrite it.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:44 AM

Maybe the just know to market themselves really good, that is the most important thing in earning money.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member

Mostly they write garbage just like they do garbage websites and garbage SEO. You can eat 3 meals a day in India for around $3. They want to scam as much money as they can out of people but the cost of living is cheap so they charge cheap to get more clients.

Quote:

Old 06-07-2016, 09:36 AM

Copy-writing is not so hart if anyone know the English level perfectly. Anyone can do this but i suggest that copy-writing is not good. By doing this any person can loss his creativity. We always need to make some new.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:10 AM
Contributing Member

Yes. Copywriting is not an easy job; companies these days want to hire copywriters who can write quality content 700-1000 words and that is not an easy thing to do and needless to say, copywriters are not earning good rates.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:28 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Hi, thanks for asking this good question. I am not a native English speaker, so I don't have so easy to write articles. But I have riched my vocabulary by reading forums, watching movies, that's all. And another way to write good quality posts, is to read, get some more information about article that you are going to write.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:15 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Copy writing involves top skill in English writing as well as high end analytical skills on particular domain. A writer should have unique voice to sustain long in the market.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web