Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-09-2016, 05:39 AM

1. First thing first, start with a TOPIC. Choose one that's RELEVANT to your niche.

Topics can be divided into 3 categories:
- Frequently-asked topics in your niche (how-to, tips)
- Interesting/ unique topics in your niche
- Opinion-based topics

2. Prepare an interesting and intriguing title.

4. Build up your content in sub-title format

5. Start your article with story telling if possible.

Some additional tips:
There is an adage, to be a good writer you need to be a good reader first. I totally agree with this. I suggest you to frequently read interesting articles that matter to you, then somehow you'll get the ideas on what a good article should be.

Hope this helps

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2016, 05:51 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

it'all about providing solutions to a problem or something where there a seekers looking for that.

Than provide traffic.

Old 04-24-2016, 04:43 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

More Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterPhil View Post
Keep your posts short, about a paragraph or two.

Pick a theme where you can get a ton of information on, or you're extremely experience in.

Make sure to include images, this helps a lot.
Along with this also be touch in other blogs in the same niche and read what they are sharing.

if you like something interesting do share with your audience.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:18 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdul124 View Post
I am new to blogging and want to know the best method of writing for users of my blog.
This is a really broad question that is nearly impossible to answer.

When you ask for feedback on something like this you need to provide some insight into exactly what you mean.

...plus a link to your blog wouldn't hurt.

By "method" do you mean how to write, how to make it engaging, what topics to write about, etc.?

My guess is you're talking about a personal blog with no exact topical focus so that's what I'll respond to.

When writing for the web the #1 thing above all else that you need to do is write about topics you're passionate about. Writing about topics you have little to no knowledge of or experience in more often than not comes across in your article body.

You may not see it but any intelligent reader will.

If you have to research every time you want to write something you're wasting both your and your audiences time UNLESS you are researching to help breath credibility or background into something you already know about.

The other thing people will tell you is not to write for Search Engines and this too is true but I'd like to elaborate on it just a bit.

Somewhere in the back of you're mind you need to be aware that you are writing for Search Engines but you need to put it into perspective to be successful.

One thing that really helps me is I observe the following structure:
  1. Pick interested topics I enjoy writing about
  2. Write for myself and my audience (we are one in the same)
  3. NEVER write for Search Engines, EDIT for Search Engines.
Good writing is a creative process and in my opinion you can't be creative if you're trying to write for a bot.

Switching gears, there are many ways to ensure your writing has the best chance of keeping your audience interested.

I took a business writing course a number of years ago and still utilize many of it's techniques in my web writing (sadly none in this post though lol ).

Some tips I use regularly are as follows:
  • Never publish prior to editing
  • Never edit prior to 24 hours after first draft
  • If multiple edits are required then multiple edits are required (I once edited an article 35 times to make it interesting and get it to Page 1 in Google)
  • Don't edit yourself out of your copy unless paid or directed to do so
  • State your opinion but try not to preach (like I'm doing here lol)
  • Remember, the typical reading level of your audience is Grade 6 (no joke)
  • Keep sentences to a maximum of 18 words
  • When is it ok to start a new paragraph? Whenever the hell you want (1 sentence paragraphs are perfectly acceptable)
  • Add images and SEO them!
  • Remember the F shape reading rule

I can go on and on and on and on and on but this is enough for now I'm sure.

My daughter rules!

Old 05-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

The most important aspect is ANSWERING to sometheing people NEED.

And you can have source of these infos in comments, or ASKING to them through you email list, survey etc.

Or also through your Facebook Page of the Site Niche if you have one.

Provide solutions, and if you dont know what to write, i know that someone here could not like it but one possibility is also hire a writer, once you have found the right topic.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:05 AM

Create original content with strong headlines. Use a story telling approach in your content. Make the content valuable and relevant. Check for the spelling and grammar mistakes.Use images and write for your audience.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:36 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

See that OTHERS want to know: monetizing it's not about your passion, but about other's passions.

Then provide content which SOLVE others's doubt in the niche (of course you have to search for).

Then go to Google: search of the last results in the 24h or 1h related to the problem you have solved, or the article topic you have made, and comment in the pages/blog, gently promoting your article if you can.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:05 PM

Please share your niche and your expectations from blogging (like you want to generate income or only passionate about writing & sharing). And what you want to mean by "best method of writing"?

Choosing a niche for your blog is the first & most important decision for your blog. If you are passionate & interested in that topic, definitely you will love to research and gain expertise in that one.

Making a blog post interesting mostly depends on your writing style. Personalize your writing with value providing content and you will build authority over time. And for content ideas there are many sites already discussed here.

Old 06-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

You have to focus on: WHAT IS The real aim of your blog?

What problems are you solving?

Indagate with a survey or explicit question on the needs of the user.

AND build a mailing list: it's the most important factor, unless all the effort if futile

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 PM
Contributing Member

Your writing style should be in conjunction with your particular niche. If you are extremely adept in your niche, writing informative articles will be real easy.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:59 PM
Contributing Member

The best method to create a unique and informative content is to research and think with a different angle, try to make the content more informative and useful that fulfill the user requirements in short and detailed view.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:31 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Your writing has to be controversial:

write something which may be not obvious but it works.

Watch the problems in your niche regarding what everyone think should do,
and show where is the error.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:49 AM

slightly expensive but I think it will be effective, in addition to the tips above you should also write in their passion.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:14 PM

I started reading commonsense direct marketing by Drayton Bird today. I didn't do so well in high school; writing was my worst subject. I know I need better writing skills to be successful in this business venture. Do you know of any good books or websites that can help me ...

Old 10-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Smile How to write interesting content for users.

I started the website [removed] 5 months ago. Things I experience in these months about writing an article is :- first of all decide the topic and do thorough research on it. Second :- Choose specific Headlines for good results. Third :- Select 3-4 suitable keywords according to the topic and use 3-4 times in your post. Fourth :- use effective images but related to specific post only.

Last edited by snakeair; 10-13-2016 at 04:42 PM. Reason: link not needed

Old 10-13-2016, 08:22 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I am new to blogging and want to know the best method of writing for users of my blog.
Different users interested in different topics and style. You should plan your write and create a remarkable content for them.

1. Think about "CAP"

Context: What are you doing?

Audience: Who is you audience? What they want or what's their issue?

Purpose: Why do want to write that do content? To sell or to promote?

2. Select topics

3. Keyword for the post

4. relevant links

5. CTA for the content

6. review and recycle.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:07 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Get to know the trending topics in your niche as well as the topics that your readers are likely to be interested about and start your way from there...

Old 10-16-2016, 02:56 AM
Latest Blog:
None

You need to have knowledge about your niche that you write a blog about. Also you use search engine to learn how to write a blog example google...

Old 10-16-2016, 11:31 AM
Contributing Member

the way I will find the interesting topic is by using a site like Buzzsumo, Quora and Reddit. just by looking at the total number of view and social share count.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:14 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I've just build a website to review home appliances. I have ideas to write about product I'm using but it's difficult to write it out. I don't know I should use formal or informal writing. Besides, how to write to attract readers.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread