Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-14-2016, 02:23 PM

Help writing a unique article

Hi,

I have a blog about promoting software coupons, and to get traffic and grow my facebook page I need to write articles about technology, softwares and electronic devices.
But my problem is copyright ! I know that facts and ideas are not copyrighted but the way it is expressed. To write an article I need to do some research and get ideas and facts from others websites because I not expert in the domain and don't have to much experience of my own in the subject , but the problem is even if I rewrite them in my own words I always feel like I am violating copyright especially that I am not a good writer.

So my question is : what is the line between using the informations from online sources and violating the copyright of other websites ?
and when you use these informations do you have to cite the sources ! because if yes then the article will be filled with hyperlinks !
so basically what I want to understand is how to use the result of your research to write an unique article without violating copyright and citing the sources when necessary?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-19-2016, 04:25 AM

Take Ideas & Reference from others but writer it in simple way/ your own way.

Old 04-19-2016, 02:51 PM

My advice is... If you are writing an article about the new Samsung phone, read at least other 3 articles about it and take the best from each one to make it yours (re- write in your own words)
I like to use thesaurus.com to find other words to say the same thing.
Goog luck with your blog!

Old 04-19-2016, 10:44 PM

Of course dude! Unique content is the biggest factor in SEO. If you're write about new blog means you have to study lot .. Try to avoid repeated words and use Grammarly to check unique status of your blog.

Old 04-20-2016, 02:44 AM
Contributing Member

be sure to have the entire content written by you and with your own words. that is the most important aspect you should consider. there are a few guys that are very good at writting these types of articles and not that expensive also. you can try one of these guys out to see eaxactly what and how it works.

Old 04-21-2016, 04:48 AM

If you want to write unique article then write it in your own language

Old 04-27-2016, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

This blog post is helpful.

http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6...n-the-Web.aspx

If you are sharing statistics then link back to the source next to that stat to prove to your audience where you got this figure from and as well given credit to where it is do. Add the linkback in preferences next to the number.

Anyways, check out that blog post then ask more questions you have after reading it.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:41 PM
Contributing Member

Have you tried plr articles? When using plr you just make them your own. Do not write word from word. That might be good for you so you can use them as a base.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:30 AM

The best way to make the article unique is if you are genuinely interested in the topic, you have an opinion about it, maybe an improvement. By using facts from other articles and linking to them but making your article with your words is not violating a copyright law.

If you have nothing to add to what others have already written online, why do you then want just to copy someones work. It's not personally rewarding.

Last edited by boron; 04-29-2016 at 06:59 AM.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:23 AM
Contributing Member

If you are seeking to write quality articles then I can help you in that. Having 4 years experience of writing, I would suggest you to master the copy-writing skills. If you take the base idea and compose it as per your skills then you are not violating the Google's terms and conditions.

Tips
Write in conversational way.
Copy Idea not words
Produce unique ideas.

Hope it was helpful.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:16 AM

SEO requires unique blog content writings. Try writing a unique content for your blog. Do not repeat words. Check for the spelling and grammar mistakes. Give a best title for your content.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:40 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Using your own writing at your own styles will help you get unique articles. However, if you are looking for great and trusted source, then you should link back to the source where you get the information.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:31 AM
Contributing Member

Plagiarism is a serious offence and even if you present the ideas of others in your own words it falls under the purview of plagiarism. While creating a content you should strictly take into consideration the copywrites of others. If the idea does not belong to you, it is always a better idea to link back to the source of content. It will help you in three ways.
1. Your content will become more authentic
2. You are more likely to get more backlinks.
3. You will be able to save yourself from Copywrite violation.

If you want to create original content you should better share your own experience with your target audience. For example, if you have learned new tips and tricks to improve the battery life of phones you can share it with others. Such type of content falls under the category of original and unique content.

Google will not penalize your site for linking back to the source of content, but it can ban your content if you do not cite references to relevant sources.

If you want to create unique content you should focus on two things:
1. approach an existing topic from your own point of view. for example, rather than discussing the benefits of mobile phone point out the cons.
2. experiment a lot. It will help you gain new experience and knowledge that in turn will help you create original content. For example, try out ways to cook a popular dish in 30 minutes that usually take 2 hours to cook.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:11 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I suggest you should use Fiverr to write an unique article. I think it's good, have keyword for you SEO too

Old 05-17-2016, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitlam14 View Post
I suggest you should use Fiverr to write an unique article. I think it's good, have keyword for you SEO too
How to use fivver to learn how to write an article for yourself?

Old 05-19-2016, 09:48 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbelhassen View Post
Hi,

I have a blog about promoting software coupons, and to get traffic and grow my facebook page I need to write articles about technology, softwares and electronic devices.
But my problem is copyright ! I know that facts and ideas are not copyrighted but the way it is expressed. To write an article I need to do some research and get ideas and facts from others websites because I not expert in the domain and don't have to much experience of my own in the subject , but the problem is even if I rewrite them in my own words I always feel like I am violating copyright especially that I am not a good writer.

So my question is : what is the line between using the informations from online sources and violating the copyright of other websites ?
and when you use these informations do you have to cite the sources ! because if yes then the article will be filled with hyperlinks !
so basically what I want to understand is how to use the result of your research to write an unique article without violating copyright and citing the sources when necessary?
If copyright was this strict then most everyone would be sued. The fact of the matter is that knowledge and information always has to come from somewhere.

All you really need focus on is not taking data directly and claiming it as your own. Having said that, it is acceptable to quote a source so long as you credit that source; I've done it a number of times and never received a complaint.

If you're struggling to create your own copy from these sources then I'd suggest gathering the facts you want to present but only gather then in point form. Once you have all the facts you need to write the article via your points then write your own copy.

It's surprisingly simple to write your own version of anything when you have only the facts in point form to work from.

It would be extremely difficult if not impossible to claim copyright against you.

...and in the unlikely event you were to ever receive a complaint all you'd need do is remove the content.

My daughter rules!

Old 05-20-2016, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleyedguide View Post
Plagiarism is a serious offence and even if you present the ideas of others in your own words it falls under the purview of plagiarism. While creating a content you should strictly take into consideration the copywrites of others. If the idea does not belong to you, it is always a better idea to link back to the source of content. It will help you in three ways.
1. Your content will become more authentic
2. You are more likely to get more backlinks.
3. You will be able to save yourself from Copywrite violation.

If you want to create original content you should better share your own experience with your target audience. For example, if you have learned new tips and tricks to improve the battery life of phones you can share it with others. Such type of content falls under the category of original and unique content.

Google will not penalize your site for linking back to the source of content, but it can ban your content if you do not cite references to relevant sources.

If you want to create unique content you should focus on two things:
1. approach an existing topic from your own point of view. for example, rather than discussing the benefits of mobile phone point out the cons.
2. experiment a lot. It will help you gain new experience and knowledge that in turn will help you create original content. For example, try out ways to cook a popular dish in 30 minutes that usually take 2 hours to cook.

Both your examples contradict what you are saying !

1) "For example, if you have learned new tips and tricks to improve the battery life of phones you can share it with others. Such type of content falls under the category of original and unique content."

When you learn a new tip or trick it mean it is not your idea or trick so how can this be a unique article ! obviously you learned it from a source unless you invented it !

2) "For example, try out ways to cook a popular dish in 30 minutes that usually take 2 hours to cook."

You already took the recipe from a source so it is not your recipe, all you did was to minimize the process. yes that may be a creative way but you still have a source to link to !

I agree with "alter-ego". Because ideas and facts are not copyrighted. it's the way you express them that is copyrighted. but to be fair we need to link back to some original idea or fact, like a research result for example.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:27 AM

I would suggest reading a few articles on the web first then write down just the main facts from each one. Then using these facts write your own blog post. If you keep reading over these articles as you are writing your own then you are more likely to copy too much.

To generate ideas why not create a brain storm using the key words you find and then try and think of as many ideas relating to these words as you can.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:09 AM
Contributing Member

As you said the same thing happens with me because I had also writes some articles related to coupons and I also feels that some others are same as I write.

Than I added some thing like Upto word, Discount word and many others words. So it look like something new to your readers.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:27 AM

For Writing an unique article at first you need to select your tropics. Than read at least five or more articles related your tropics and find there the main key points. Then try to write an article. I think if you try more you can success within a short time.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread