Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 06-29-2016, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

The 7 Things Writers Need to Make a Living

I'm sure you know a few but you really should read the whole thing before commenting.

Quote:
If youíre a writer, you might have heard this most of your life:

People donít make a living writing. You should find something practical to do with your life.

Smart, capable writers grimly pass around war stories on Facebook. Penny-a-word assignments, clients who donít pay, disdain for our craft, and disrespect for our profession.

And yet, look around at this digital world so many of us spend our lives in ó itís made of words. The technology to produce digital content exists because we create words worth sharing.

Text, video, audio ó it all needs great writing if itís going to be worth spending our time on.

If writing is your profession and your passion, you can accept crap assignments for crap money and crap treatment.

Or, you can choose something better. Because there is something better.
Continued at: http://www.copyblogger.com/writer-success-2014/

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-29-2016, 10:43 PM

I couldn't agree more with the first point. Writing is incredibly hard, and there are times when I just think, "I will shoot myself if I have to write about this topic anymore". But the love of the craft is what gets you through it. Creating the perfect sentence, then trashing that sentence because it hinders from creating the perfect paragraph, then trashing that because it hinders from creating the perfect article. You have to be attached to your words, yet not so attached that you're unwilling to let them go for the greater good.

Thanks for sharing snakeair, you always seems to find good stuff!

Old 08-06-2016, 01:10 PM
Contributing Member

I do agree with the first one. But for me, writing is a good activity to kill time with something meaningful. If you write to make money, your readers would smell that you regard to promote something. I just share something beneficial to others and because I love writing. Just that.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:28 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

these are nice tips. iwill try this and then ask you about it. how much it is effective

Old 09-16-2016, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsahi View Post
these are nice tips. iwill try this and then ask you about it. how much it is effective
All of it is effective. I didn't write the blog post btw.

Old 11-02-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by januar View Post
I do agree with the first one. But for me, writing is a good activity to kill time with something meaningful. If you write to make money, your readers would smell that you regard to promote something. I just share something beneficial to others and because I love writing. Just that.
100% correct. If you are writing something helpful to reader than as a reference you can generate your affiliate sales automatically....

For example if you are writing about " how to make a dish to boost your energy " than you may get chance to sell necessary ingredients through your affiliate network.

In that way you can earn through a good informative story...

Old 11-08-2016, 04:16 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

noted each and every point

Old 11-08-2016, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

The editor that I hired is in college but has 2 editing jobs putting herself through college and she wants to do this full-time outside of college. It is possible to do this and my editor is getting a good education and getting real world experience at the same time.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:31 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Hello world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
The editor that I hired is in college but has 2 editing jobs putting herself through college and she wants to do this full-time outside of college. It is possible to do this and my editor is getting a good education and getting real world experience at the same time.
As mentioned in The 7 Things Writers Need to Make a Living, having a huge passion for your job indeed is very - if not most - important. In my opinion, if you don't love what you do, you can't be truly successful. And that doesn't just apply to a writing career, but to any career out there.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web