Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 07-14-2016, 03:45 AM

What is the Articles minimum size?

Actually, there is no limit for articles minimum size but how you keep your article short and with the perfect information, the readers take more interest in reading. Less write but in the impressive words and in the lesser words the most effective matter.

What you say about it?

Last edited by Raj Kishor Kannoujea; 07-14-2016 at 04:10 AM. Reason: To make impressive.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-14-2016, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Kishor Kannoujea View Post
Actually, there is no limit for articles minimum size but how you keep your article short and with the perfect information, the readers take more interest in reading. Less write but in the impressive words and in the lesser words the most effective matter.

What you say about it?
There is no limit to the length as in word count but the unwritten rule I go by is at least 350 words in which the article is a quality one, formatted correctly...etc

The length depends on the topic though. Sometimes it may take 500+ words to complete the article you are writing because there is a lot to cover. All that matters is the quality and it better be original.

Here is a blog post people can read and comment about in this thread as well.

How Long Should Each Blog Post Be? A Data Driven Answer

Quote:
People often obsess over how long their blog posts should be. There’s a lot of information out there regarding the “perfect” length of a blog post, but a lot of that data is conflicting.

Content is really important when it comes to search rankings, so if you are going to leverage content marketing, you might as well do it right. But before we get into the ideal length for a blog post, let’s first go over a few shocking myths:
Continued at: https://www.quicksprout.com/2014/03/...driven-answer/

Old 07-17-2016, 11:08 PM
Contributing Member

It has been found that the posts longer than 1500 words are more likely to perform well in the search engine results. However, doing it intentionally could be harmful to your site resulting in low audience engagement and fewer returning visitors.

I would suggest you to write content keeping your audience in mind rather than the search engines. If you can say the same thing in fewer words go for it. However, if you believe that additional content will be more helpful for your target audience go for it. The online audience is more interested in content rather than the length of an article.

The majority of posts on my blog are longer than 1500 words and some of the posts are performing well in the search results. However, it is equally true that posts under 1000 words bring me more traffic (to be precise page views) from search results. Here is a summary of key pros and cons of longer post vs smaller post as far as my blog is concerned.

Longer posts:

1. resulted in High bounce rate (most of the bloggers will agree longer posts results in high bounce rate)
2. Improved time on site but reduced page views per session
3. Performing relatively better than smaller posts in the social media platforms
4. resulting in more comments, social likes, and shares
5. most of them ranking on first ten pages of the search result for a wide range of long tail as well as short tail keywords or queries

Smaller Posts (less than 1000 words)

1. Smaller posts help me improve my bounce rate. Readers are most likely to read more posts after going through a smaller post.
2. increase in pageviews per session
3. fewer comments and shares but more likes
4. some of them ranking on first or second pages for fewer but stronger keywords or search queries

Old 07-18-2016, 02:11 AM

There is no limit to the length but rule I go by is at least 350 words min

Old 07-18-2016, 06:54 AM
Contributing Member

You article limit should be between 600-650 word. which is standard if you publish your article on any 3 party website. Remember if you are looking for backlink via article marketing then always try to get contextual links from the article because google give priority to link those are contextual.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:51 AM
Contributing Member

The Yoast SEO says the minimum length is 300 words. Many articles say that should be 1500 words because when you do that Google will consider the article as informative.
I really don't care about what they say, we are writing for real people, so just focus on the quality of the content inside.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:27 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisal khan View Post
There is no limit to the length but rule I go by is at least 350 words min
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhalle View Post
You article limit should be between 600-650 word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by learn2do2 View Post
The Yoast SEO says the minimum length is 300 words. Many articles say that should be 1500 words because when you do that Google will consider the article as informative.
What nonsense; you are just making that horse manure up!

There is NO minimum. There should be enough words to convey the topic and provide what the user is looking for.

I have one site in which each post is only one sentence and it ranks just fine
I have another site in which each post is typically >3000 words and it ranks just fine.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I can write 1 paragraph if I wanted to but it would have to be straight to the point with no nonsense but I wouldn't recommend that.

When you have a topic in mind that you want to cover, don't worry about word count. Worry about telling that story about that topic and cover everything that has to be covered. That's basically what you should do and not worry about word count or other sites saying it should be this.

IF it takes 3 paragraphs to cover one topic and it's a quality article with a catchy title, that's perfect as long as it satisfies your audience. lol

I wonder If I can write 2 sentences about why I ban people and try to get that ranked?

Old 07-20-2016, 01:50 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Generally speaking, there is no minimum, but I guess it depends on the niche. I mean, it's insane to write 1000+ words product descriptions on eCommerce websites for the sake of better ranking.

I believe that a 300 word article filled with relevant information and proper keywords, can outrank 1000 words of jibber-jabber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I wonder If I can write 2 sentences about why I ban people and try to get that ranked?
That would be a cool case study to read!

Old 07-29-2016, 04:45 AM
Contributing Member

Anyway, everyone has their opinion. I would not publish article less than 400 words on my website at least it is a news update. However, while considering quantity of words you also need to consider quality of the content.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:19 PM

First, study hard your audience, to avoid mistakes.Create a blog to go learn about metrics and data analysis, this will come in handy once you have business on line

Old 08-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex231 View Post
First, study hard your audience, to avoid mistakes.Create a blog to go learn about metrics and data analysis, this will come in handy once you have business on line
Did you read the opening post and replies before responding?

Old 08-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirag.d View Post
no limit of size of articles.but some time it depend on your niche and aprat from this quality content is more better than length of article
Exactly bro, i go with you on this totally but th general size for articles should be around 400-600 words but the quality is what really matters alot.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:47 AM

I've had my best results with long articles. I love them because if you just write them naturally for the reader, they will rank for a lot of long tails naturally. I just wrote one article that is almost 4000 words. But it's got to be useful, don't just throw in words to get a high word count.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:24 PM
Contributing Member

For writing on blog or website, a short article does not good for SEO. A minimum size of article for seo is at least 700 words of length.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:27 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by januar View Post
For writing on blog or website, a short article does not good for SEO. A minimum size of article for seo is at least 700 words of length.
So how come on one of my blogs, each post is only one sentence ... and it does just fine?

Old 08-11-2016, 01:12 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Post must as least 300 word is optimal for Seo, but I think word is more 700 is better for SEO

Old 08-11-2016, 01:13 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Vietnam View Post
Post must as least 300 word is optimal for Seo, but I think word is more 700 is better for SEO
Perhaps you could answer this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
So how come on one of my blogs, each post is only one sentence ... and it does just fine?

Old 08-11-2016, 01:22 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
Perhaps you could answer this:
It's really difficult Seo Onpage with post just have one sentence (you cann't optimal keyword in h1,h2,h3,.. the density of focus keyword, the keyword appear in first sentences...) So If you have one sentence in post, you want to rank in google, you have one way is create backlink for it, But Google is have trend appreciation in ONPAGE.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:21 AM

There is no limit of work limit. but yes you need to describe about what you are writing, no matter how many words its taking.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web