Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-22-2016, 07:56 AM

Hiring Content Maker

I have found some places to find them. But I don't know how to find some one can be a really partner for a long time. I mean, how to make they continue work with me as a team after finish my first order?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-22-2016, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewNguyen View Post
I have found some places to find them. But I don't know how to find some one can be a really partner for a long time. I mean, how to make they continue work with me as a team after finish my first order?
I am currently searching for a editor for my blog on outsource.com and got a lot of offers but I am not rushing into hiring one so fast. I am waiting and waiting and seeing what pitch catches my eye and then I will drill that person with questions because my blog means everything to me and if I don't trust a person 100%, I will not hire them.

It's like I am interviewing someone for a job and I will pick there brain as long as I can to determine if this person can be trusted and will also do research to make sure my content is on point.

Look you are hiring someone so you are the boss. You create the things you want this person to do everyday or every few days..etc

Make it known up front what you expect of this person if you was to hire that person. If it involves reaching on a topic you blogged about to verify information or to edit the blog post to insert updated data.

What I am looking for in my editor will be ongoing work.

Editing all blog posts/pages on the blog to rewrite content for better SEO or add more details, interlinking content, making recommendations on what keywords to add an affiliate link to so I can earn a commission, suggestions on design changes although It's my decision to do it because I am paying this person.

Also, if my editor is not making sure all content is written for better SEO and fun for visitors to read, I will drop that person. I love to write blog posts, but my grammar is not always that good but I can come up with great topics. So this editor will always have work to do in editing my content and guest blog posts that are submitted if they pass my guidelines.

Plus I want my editor to write 1 blog post a week. If I don't see rankings improve or social shares improve/no blog comments,, I might fire that person because this is what I am looking for my editor to do..

Old 08-23-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I am currently searching for a editor for my blog on outsource.com and got a lot of offers but I am not rushing into hiring one so fast. I am waiting and waiting and seeing what pitch catches my eye and then I will drill that person with questions because my blog means everything to me and if I don't trust a person 100%, I will not hire them.

It's like I am interviewing someone for a job and I will pick there brain as long as I can to determine if this person can be trusted and will also do research to make sure my content is on point.

Look you are hiring someone so you are the boss. You create the things you want this person to do everyday or every few days..etc

Make it known up front what you expect of this person if you was to hire that person. If it involves reaching on a topic you blogged about to verify information or to edit the blog post to insert updated data.

What I am looking for in my editor will be ongoing work.

Editing all blog posts/pages on the blog to rewrite content for better SEO or add more details, interlinking content, making recommendations on what keywords to add an affiliate link to so I can earn a commission, suggestions on design changes although It's my decision to do it because I am paying this person.

Also, if my editor is not making sure all content is written for better SEO and fun for visitors to read, I will drop that person. I love to write blog posts, but my grammar is not always that good but I can come up with great topics. So this editor will always have work to do in editing my content and guest blog posts that are submitted if they pass my guidelines.

Plus I want my editor to write 1 blog post a week. If I don't see rankings improve or social shares improve/no blog comments,, I might fire that person because this is what I am looking for my editor to do..
I think so, because I am preparing for my first site so I want to do it carefully with wholeheartedly. It's like my brainchild!

But I don't have experience about choosing the content maker as partner. Definitely that their writing skill is better than me. So how can I assess correctly their reallycapabilities?

Old 08-23-2016, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Ask for previous work, samples and references who you could contact to get a honest opinion about that person. This is what I will be doing if I really like someone.

I don't want to hire someone that has a tendency for copying and pasting some content with no linkback to the source.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Ask for previous work, samples and references who you could contact to get a honest opinion about that person. This is what I will be doing if I really like someone.

I don't want to hire someone that has a tendency for copying and pasting some content with no linkback to the source.
So could you share me what tool you use to check the unique of the content and how you contact and keep in touch with the writer?

Old 08-26-2016, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
So could you share me what tool you use to check the unique of the content and how you contact and keep in touch with the writer?
http://www.copyscape.com/

For the writer, I will be using email and or instant messenger.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:47 PM

What do you think about the proposed price per 100 words?
And would you mind teaching me how to make an outline for Writter?

Old 08-27-2016, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I don't know about words. I am going to pay this person the agreed fee per hour.

It's your job to come up with guidelines for the writer in what you want and expect. It's your job to double check there work to make sure it pass's copyscape and not scraped content.

I just hired a editor who will eventually turn all my content into more quality content. I am not a good writer but can write about a lot of topics. Since I have certain plugins on the blog that can be used to for SEO purpose's, I have told my writer up-front to use every feature that I give you to make whatever you are working on a very good piece.

I've mentioned other guidelines but that's a need to know basis as I know what I expect out of this person. This editor is my sidekick and I do hope she does what I suggested in not being afraid to make suggestions and be honest with me. Team work can turn an average blog into an awesome one and that's what my blog will be at in a few months.

outsource.com is where I hired my editor in which I will have start on Monday since I told her that I will now not publish content on the weekends. When I get home from work Monday I will have her set up to begin working the hours I have set for the week s a trial to see if I like how this person's style.

I shouldn't be making this type of investment right now as it's a bad time but the payoff will be good in a few months.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:45 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

You can search the companies who develops content and bears the maintenance up to one or two months. If you are satisfied with their services then proceed or else break it.

[removed]

Last edited by snakeair; 09-01-2016 at 06:11 AM.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:46 AM

Quote:
check you private messages please

Old 03-06-2017, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by aavazeh View Post
check you private messages please
A Bit of advice, this section is not for recruiting clients or advertising services. Start a thread in the marketplace.

If you are unable to provide quality advice in this thread for free, skip replying like you should of did.

Thanks

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread