Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-15-2016, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

7 Top Tools For Content Creators

Anyone using any of these and if so, share your detailed review on how they have helped.

Quote:
Content creation is one of the most vital aspects of digital marketing – posting content that will inform, interest and amuse your online audience so that you’re one of the first places they turn to when they go online. This means creating content of a consistently good quality on a continual basis. That's a pretty tall order, even for the most imaginative of digital marketers. The biggest challenge faced by B2B content marketers is producing enough content, closely followed by producing the type of content that engages the target audience.

I listed 25 content creation ideas that business bloggers can use when they run out of ideas for attention-grabbing new content. But besides ideas you need more to create content better.
Continued at: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/bl...tor-tools.html

Thoughts?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-19-2016, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Copyscape
I would find Copyscape more useful if it learnt how to read quote tags. I have used it in the past to catch content thieves on one blog but I just tried it on another one of my blogs and it picked up quotes I had included from reliable and respected sources to back up what I wrote about. Must be a lot of work for these reliable sources to filter out what was actually a quote c/w reference link and what is just plain content theft.

ContentIdeator
I tried out ContentIdeator. It might work for a couple of the websites I do social media for.

Evernote
Evernote I have never got into. My phone is for phoning, not surfing.

Correctica
Has anyone tried Correctica? I would be interested in whether it checks British English or American English spelling.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 11-03-2016, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

The Ultimate Editing Checklist for Content Marketers

Just sent this to my editor to read.

Quote:
Unless you’re writing instructions or technical copy, writing is a creative process. When writers are in the flow, they work in bursts of energy, hammering out paragraphs without stopping to think about editing.
Unedited writing is, in the words of Annie Lamott: ****ty. And so it should be. If you’re stopping every three words to check what you’re doing, you’re going to take days to write a disjointed, awkward piece. That’s where using an editing checklist comes in.
Continued at: http://www.problogger.net/ultimate-e...ent-marketers/

If any of you have any paid editors, it's a good thing to share tips with them that will help them become a better editor not only on your blog but for there other clients. I am building a good relationship with mine while help educating her while she in fact helps my blog as in editing my content to make it better.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:18 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

And? What makes you think that evernote is for surfing?

It is probably the biggest time saver app for me... All great ideas that I have, all reminders, all of them are kept in Evernote.. Yes, it's true, you can use it to clip websites, but again, that is not surfing, that is saving time by clipping important stuff in a matter of seconds.

All in all, it is a great productivity app and it has nothing to do with surfing. Besides, Evernote is not to be used just on your phone, it syncs across all your devices and can be used on your PC and browsers as well..

Grammarly

I would add this one to the list because it's just such a cool tool if you are into writing. It will correct your grammatical mistakes and suggest synonyms when you can't think of any. It used to be completely free, and although they still have a free version of it, it has a limited use, but I really don't need anything premium, the basic one works just fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
Copyscape

Evernote
Evernote I have never got into. My phone is for phoning, not surfing.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:21 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

And this article explains perfectly why I think Grammarly is such a great tool..

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Just sent this to my editor to read.

Continued at: http://www.problogger.net/ultimate-e...ent-marketers/

If any of you have any paid editors, it's a good thing to share tips with them that will help them become a better editor not only on your blog but for there other clients. I am building a good relationship with mine while help educating her while she in fact helps my blog as in editing my content to make it better.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Who View Post
And? What makes you think that evernote is for surfing?

It is probably the biggest time saver app for me... All great ideas that I have, all reminders, all of them are kept in Evernote.. Yes, it's true, you can use it to clip websites, but again, that is not surfing, that is saving time by clipping important stuff in a matter of seconds.

All in all, it is a great productivity app and it has nothing to do with surfing. Besides, Evernote is not to be used just on your phone, it syncs across all your devices and can be used on your PC and browsers as well..
I prefer to have full control of all my information = on my own computer. Why would I pay to be able to access my notebook anywhere when I only do my work on my computer?

Different strokes for different folks. Hope all reading have a back up plan when your online account is hacked or goes out of business.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:58 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

But you got it all wrong, you don't need to pay anything, Evernote is a free app.. Yes they do have a premium but the free version is really more than enough for most people

And while you might only work on your computer, I suppose you do use a smartphone and browse the net from your phone, don't you? Whenever you see something useful, you can easily clip that info so it would be available to you later when you work on your computer. By the way, your information will still all be in your computer, it will automatically sync between devices.

And regarding the online hacking, well, that is just ridiculous for me, because the protection nowadays is better than ever. Evernote imo, is one of the safest apps I've ever used. Much safer than your browsers even.

Yes, many start ups have gone out of business and certainly many of them are insecure, but this is a huge company, which partners with huge corporations such as T-Mobile to have the app preinstalled on devices... do you really they will ever run out of business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
I prefer to have full control of all my information = on my own computer. Why would I pay to be able to access my notebook anywhere when I only do my work on my computer?

Different strokes for different folks. Hope all reading have a back up plan when your online account is hacked or goes out of business.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I suppose you do use a smartphone and browse the net from your phone, don't you?
Nope. I have a dumb phone. Phone calls and the occasional picture.

Had to use a Blackberry for work and today had an experience with an Android that did not convince me I need a smartphone.
Quote:
Yes, many start ups have gone out of business and certainly many of them are insecure, but this is a huge company, which partners with huge corporations such as T-Mobile to have the app preinstalled on devices... do you really they will ever run out of business?
No one thought Yahoo! would close down GeoCities or other popular marketers/bloggers/search engine companies would shut down their sidelines either.

Like I said previously, to each his own. I prefer the ability to work without being tied to the internet or a phone 24/7 so I can be productive. After many years of being tied to a phone it is nice to now control my time and get lots of work done w/o having to stay up all night to meet deadlines. Email is enough interruption.

I surf from my computer when I need something, making notes in my own way for future reference.

Let's get back on topic now.

Anyone have comments about the tools in the links Snakeair posted?

Old 11-28-2016, 03:24 AM

it will include copy scape, Evernote and grammarly.com and even more tools in google search to fits you in budget according to your need

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web