Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-04-2016, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Why Freelance Content Writers Arenít Getting the Results You Want

This isn't as negative as the title sounds. If you want quality content written by your freelancers then you have to do some work also.

Quote:
...Managing outsourced workers effectively comes with a learning curve. To adapt more quickly, you can take several steps to improve the quality of content you receive from your freelancers.

And when you want the kind of content thatís so brilliant, engaging, and revolutionary that it instantly brands your company as the leader to watch in your industry, freelance writers still can be a great option, but it takes more investment from you.

Whether youíre new to working with freelancers or an experienced pro, stop wasting money on outsourced content that doesnít meet your needs. Start understanding what your freelance writers need from you to create content thatíll truly support your business...
Why Freelance Content Writers Arenít Getting the Results You Want

As a person who hires freelancers to do your writing for you: Do you provide the information suggested in the article?

As a freelance writer: If your clients provided the information suggested would you be able to improve on the content you produced?

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-05-2016, 04:11 AM

This title can be true too often!

When ordering an article, I try to provide as much information as I can. Also, I include some previous relevant writing samples for a help.

There are many different writers, from really good ones to bad ones. The part that takes me most of the time is checking articles they send to me.

I have to check if they followed guidelines, proofread, and sometimes even fix mistakes if I realize it will be quicker to do it myself than to wait again for a second version. But I still them about the mistakes to prevent it from happening again.

I noticed one interesting thing - once they gain your trust, quality of articles will drop. So it's important to warn them about it each time.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:51 AM

Freelance writing

Most of the freelancers do not ask relevant questions to their employers and end-up writing articles only from their point of view. What they need to realize is that someone has hired you to represent their thought process on a certain domain and platform, so taking their inputs is of utmost importance.

My suggestion would be ask a lot of questions related to the topic, before you take up the assignment. This would give you better results in terms of content, money and also help in building professional relationships.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:20 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It would be better to check out previous published samples of writing whether it is a freelance writer or a professional writing company.

If you like the work samples, you can go for full version.

Old 01-03-2017, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_wahlberg View Post
It would be better to check out previous published samples of writing whether it is a freelance writer or a professional writing company.

If you like the work samples, you can go for full version.
Your thoughts on the thread creators questions that was asked?

Old 01-03-2017, 04:04 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepverma View Post
Most of the freelancers do not ask relevant questions to their employers and end-up writing articles only from their point of view.
Maybe in your experience but not in mine, best not to use the prefix 'Most' as its clearly a generalisation.

Due diligence is required if you want to hire a good content writer and the reverse is true too.

I've had people come to me and say, "I really liked your article on XYZ, can you write me something similar but even better"? No is my reply.

As a content writer you need a minimum requirement of info and that can easily be gleaned by sending the client a checklist. If they can't be arsed to fill it in properly then i can't be arsed to work for them.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web