Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-28-2017, 11:08 AM
Administrator

How To Ensure Your Content Stays Evergreen

Is your content evergreen?
Quote:
For those of you not familiar with the term “Evergreen”, it’s content with NO expiry date. Many bloggers emphasize the importance of evergreen content because it will continue to provide value throughout the years. Personally, your content marketing should be based on this concept simply because of the benefits. For example, if you’re marketing a product through your content, then through an evergreen approach, you can make profit for years going forward. If your content is relevant, then it’ll provide value years down the line, increasing overall ROI. However, many bloggers fail to implement this strategy into their marketing. Next,

Taking advantage of this strategy doesn’t have to be stressful because all you have to do is follow specific guidelines when creating your content. I’ve outlined some of the important elements below that will ensure your content stays evergreen and doesn’t expiry with time...
Continued: How To Ensure Your Content Stays Evergreen

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2017, 08:12 PM

It nails a point. But how can we well predict what will happen next?

Old 06-13-2017, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pena View Post
It nails a point. But how can we well predict what will happen next?
You can't. You just try to make your evergreen content as excellent as you can (updating as possible) so it stays relevant.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:09 PM

Yep. If we can share some new thoughts, good thoughts in content, they will help our blog.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:16 PM

Your writing is great, this is why John Chow is the top money maker online. Coming to the discussion, I believe that updating your blog post with latest information on it or updates about that definitely helps. For example, if you have a blog post on iPhone 8, then cover all the rumors and leaks about it. Google loves updated content.

I have made a habit of updating my blog post regularly so that they can stay fresh.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:27 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_westlife View Post
Your writing is great, this is why John Chow is the top money maker online. Coming to the discussion, I believe that updating your blog post with latest information on it or updates about that definitely helps. For example, if you have a blog post on iPhone 8, then cover all the rumors and leaks about it. Google loves updated content.

I have made a habit of updating my blog post regularly so that they can stay fresh.
I agree. Online content doesn't stay evergreen forever. Updating the information and media that supports it would ensure that your blog post continues to be relevant.

Old 07-01-2017, 04:40 PM

Couldn't agree more. The only way to ensure that your content is evergreen is to write something that you can update. Updating information is not only a good way to attract readers, it is also about being a responsible blogger.

Old 07-03-2017, 03:55 AM

Yes i do agree that we need to update the content. It is also equally important that we need to mention the revision date in the beginning of the blog post This is to gain trust with the reader.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:34 PM

1. The things you write in your article must be original and relevant.
2. Update the content if you figure out that now you have much better knowledge on the article on which you wrote in previous times.
3. Keep updating the article with good relevant visuals(Images/videos).
4. Include latest info about the article and let your users know that you keep updating your article and you are a responsible article writer. This will generate faith in users regarding your posts.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Contributing Member

Pick certain topics that will remain evergreen e.g. 'Life hacks' over 'effective link building techniques'.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:25 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Good thread here. As huge demand for content for the website or SEO campaigning, a writer how to create uniqueness in each content after writing a large amount of content every day?

Old 08-12-2017, 12:37 PM

first of all my brother this is the rule of this world nothing stays evergreen.As time changes,people changes their interest changes.Everything is subjected to a change so wanting something to be evergreen is like wanting sun and stars.Just keep updating your blogs, forums etc is the best thing you can do

Old 08-14-2017, 08:13 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam frodo View Post
first of all my brother this is the rule of this world nothing stays evergreen.As time changes,people changes their interest changes.Everything is subjected to a change so wanting something to be evergreen is like wanting sun and stars.Just keep updating your blogs, forums etc is the best thing you can do
Point of this discussion is that content can be made to stay evergreen. Please read the article posted above and comment on topics mentioned in the article.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web