Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-04-2017, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Creating Cornerstone Content

Have you thought about creating cornerstone content that represents your brand?

What is Cornerstone Content?
Quote:
Cornerstone content pieces are those articles on your website you’re most proud of. They reflect your business, communicate your mission and are extremely well written. These are the articles you would like to rank high in the search engines. Cornerstone articles are usually explainers; these articles combine insights from different blog posts.
Continued: What is cornerstone content?

Quote:
Developing strong, cornerstone content is one of the most important things you can do when trying to expand your audience, customer base and business online. Not only does great content help you attract high-quality target audience members and establish a foundation of trust, but it also contributes to your SEO strategy. When you have a strong and successful SEO plan, you can consistently bring new attention to your business.

However, at the very base of your SEO strategy and your content should be your cornerstone pieces. As the foundation to your digital marketing, you need to put the appropriate amount of time, research and effort into developing the right pieces of cornerstone content for your business...
Checklist For Creating Powerful Cornerstone Content

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2017, 09:52 PM
Contributing Member

I honestly didn't give it much of a thought until I saw the option in Yoast. But then I thought, why can't all content be cornerstone content? Surely the effort that goes into it wouldn't be significantly different from what goes into regular content.

To give an analogy from the food world, it's like my chef friend says - a chef knows when she's making good or bad food. Making good or bad food is by choice and doesn't take much difference in effort. All it takes is a difference in willingness.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:23 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Have to agree with vaguar. Based on Yoast's article, all contents can be a cornerstone content as long as it is about your brand. Whether you write your content yourself or hiring some writing services, it would still be the same. I think this ultimately boils down to how you position your content on your site. Easy to see, eye-catching, and interesting headline will just do about do it.

Last edited by lucas1596; 11-13-2017 at 08:26 PM. Reason: corrected some grammar mistakes

Old 11-16-2017, 03:07 AM

Thumbs down

I was using cornerstone wrong.Cornerstone content always tells about your site. Yoast plugin provides this feature.
Advantage of cornerstone is that it helps you to give priority the pages which describes important information about your site that will catch a reader attention as soon as he/she land on your site. Cornerstone content instruct a reader how to use your site.Boost your site traffic.
Lastly cornerstone content can help to rank your site on search engines.

Last edited by paulmrema; 11-16-2017 at 03:11 AM.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:04 AM

I've never heard of such term. Unconsciously, my company is of course doing something similar. In the end, it's creation of the brand awareness.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web