Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 12-11-2017, 05:37 AM
Contributing Member

Smile Role of Content Writing in Social Media

You know how content is wanted for website promotion, can you tell me how content has changed direction with arrival of Social media sites.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-22-2017, 11:31 AM
Contributing Member

You need to write quality contents, and check them for grammar and spelling, the length of the content also matters now.

nowa days as far as I know, if you write for keywords then probably you won't get ranked, if you just check for search results it is hard to find an exact match keyword.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:21 AM

Content is King in Online Marketing. With the help of content we can get lots of visitors to Site.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:10 AM

Content gives a better picture of what the post on social media is all about. If we leave everything to our viewers we won't be able to get the required traffic- WHY? cos they won't understand what is your message is all about. Content is your USP. Content attracts much more backlinks as compared to the others.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:07 AM

Earlier, your content had to be unique and high-quality for it to work. But things have changed for the better. Now, your content needs to be engaging, entertaining and shareable. Shareable is the key point here.

Create content which people can relate with or one that solves a problem. Something new. Let them discover something of value to them so that they can keep coming back to you. I have seen many Facebook pages grow with quality and engaging content that they post consistently

So, I think it definitely works.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:25 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_wahlberg View Post
how content has changed direction with arrival of Social media sites.
You mean since FB launched in 2004, LinkedIn in 2003, twitter in 2006 etc?

Old 01-05-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
You mean since FB launched in 2004, LinkedIn in 2003, twitter in 2006 etc?
LOL... that's mean. Funny, but mean.

In fairness to the OP, although these social sites have been around for a long, long time... large scale adoption of them as marketing channels by businesses -
and therefore the development of content strategies to support social marketing - has been growing over the last few years.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:57 AM

When you really think about it, social media posts can be considered as content. And any post done well, not matter how short, is good content.

So yes, I think good quality content does matter in social media. If you want to influence people online, you have to be thoughtful about what you post. You need to be engaging and you have to provide value.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:58 AM

It increases the engagement in blog and website

You must engage SEO to get more traffic by writing for the web

Old 01-29-2018, 06:15 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benene View Post
you have to write minimum 600 words. A webpage to be ranked need at minimum 3000 words.
Ok, now you are starting to embarrass yourself like some of the other sock puppets here. Writers write what they want, or write what they need to get their point(s) communicated to, and understood by an audience. If they feel it's done in 300 words, fine. Or, maybe it may be 3000 words, or 30,000 words - only the author knows when to stop.

However, if you are referring to some kind of "magical number of written words" for ranking purposes, please show us the guidelines from Google that reiterate your numbers.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:17 AM

no, google will check how many words you wrote and then only will start ranking you fine.

there is a difference between 300 and 3000 words. believe me, I tried it already

Old 01-29-2018, 06:19 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benene View Post
no, google will check how many words you wrote and then only will start ranking you fine.

there is a difference between 300 and 3000 words. believe me, I tried it already

Show us the guidelines that state 300 words, which is what you stated initially, but later expanded that number to 3000 for a web page. Show us.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:13 AM
Contributing Member

Content helps rank your website and you will get more traffic

Old 01-30-2018, 08:41 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua7 View Post
Content helps rank your website and you will get more traffic
Tell us more. We await your grand wisdom.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:59 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Ok, now you are starting to embarrass yourself like some of the other sock puppets here. Writers write what they want, or write what they need to get their point(s) communicated to, and understood by an audience. If they feel it's done in 300 words, fine. Or, maybe it may be 3000 words, or 30,000 words - only the author knows when to stop.

However, if you are referring to some kind of "magical number of written words" for ranking purposes, please show us the guidelines from Google that reiterate your numbers.
There are no specific limitations on how much content you have to prepare or how many words you must push. It's all about how you are conveying your message to your audience or readers or customers. The main concept is to provide some trust factors with more content like FAQs, user reviews, more description, related content etc., I think that will enlighten reader to incline towards your business or services.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:37 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavani25 View Post
There are no specific limitations on how much content you have to prepare or how many words you must push.
I think that's pretty much what I posted.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:24 AM

Social media is powerful channel to convey information or opinion, which helps to build brand or targeted networks. Hence high quality content which can convey right message and provide right information for targeted readers will surely help to increase visitors for your website or blog. Write shareable content which can add value for your readers.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Sta Romana View Post
When you really think about it, social media posts can be considered as content. And any post done well, not matter how short, is good content.

So yes, I think good quality content does matter in social media. If you want to influence people online, you have to be thoughtful about what you post. You need to be engaging and you have to provide value.
^^^^^ This^ ^^

I have seen so many social media posts where the content is poorly written or filled with errors and that is just not the way to fuel social media engagement with your followers.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:41 PM

Content Writing is where you write unique and fresh content for the websites. All the websites have their own target keyword as well as audience too. Demands of fresh content are first priorities which sets them different from all other websites

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread